***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MINN-DULUTH NCAA TOURNEY IN GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
We're peaking at the right time and all the guns a blaizin'! Ride Wilcox, get KLOOOOS and Rau going early and then GET 'ER DONE LUCIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will win or lose by how well they decide to defend in front of wilcox. Collins makes me so nervous.

I agree with both of you. This team has a chance to make a run to the championship as long as the defensemen don't go back to manufacturing odd man rushes for the opposition. Collins has made some freshman mistakes but has improved. Marshall has made plenty of mistakes that a senior shouldn't be making. Hopefully they show up with their A game tonight. If they do I like our chances.

We will win or lose by how well they decide to defend in front of wilcox. Collins makes me so nervous.

Need that and the Kloos, Cammaratta, Letteri line to wake up. combined those guys were only a plus 1 in conference play. That's not good enough for a line that features some scoring and definitely wouldn't be regarded as grinding. If they get going like they can, this team gets very very scary

Yale is up on BU 1-0 after 2 periods. IF we can get past UMD, I would much rather face the Bulldogs than Eichel and the Terriers.

BU took a 2-1 lead but Yale gets one back. 2-2 with less than four minutes to play...

And that game is in fact headed to OT. Gophers-UMD start will probably be delayed.

Well, winner gets BU. Kinda glad it went to OT, gives me time to get home from work and catch the start of the game.

C'mon Gophs!

This is all sorts of miserable.

Go Gophers!!

Absolutely embarrassing. Played well. Gave up one and folded up shop. Hope the seniors or lucia rip this team a new a hole because they showed zero heart there. Would be a real crap way to send out the seniors

Absolutely embarrassing. Played well. Gave up one and folded up shop. Hope the seniors or lucia rip this team a new a hole because they showed zero heart there. Would be a real crap way to send out the seniors

Is anybody really surprised by this? If you are, you haven't been paying attention to Gopher hockey under Lucia.

St. Cloud ties up the Michigan Tech game with 37 seconds left in the game!

Going to OT.

Well, it looks like the guys are mailing it in. Barely even trying to generate any offense at this point. Don't worry though, they'll tell everybody what a "great" year they had in post-game in an attempt to assure everyone they weren't a group of dismal underachievers.

Well, it looks like the guys are mailing it in. Barely even trying to generate any offense at this point. Don't worry though, they'll tell everybody what a "great" year they had in post-game in an attempt to assure everyone they weren't a group of dismal underachievers.

Can see Lucia saying this, but god I hope not the seniors and players who came back for the sole purpose of winning a Nat'l Championship

Can see Lucia saying this, but god I hope not the seniors and players who came back for the sole purpose of winning a Nat'l Championship

Lucia definitely will. He's the king of rationalizing awful efforts. As for the seniors, who knows? I'm sure they'll be disappointed, but it's not Gopher hockey's style to admit fault in situations like this.

Man I don't know what to say except disappointing.

What a disgrace

What a disgrace. Gophers were the best team in the country last year and they lost only 1 key player. Everyone else is a year older, smarter, stronger and more skilled. This team is a study in what coaching can or can't do to get a team to perform at their highest ability. Lucia adds another chapter to the most underachieving NCAA tourney track record of any coach. He has won 2 titles, but if Dean Blais, for example, had been coaching in the same time period he would have won at least 5 titles with the recruiting advantage and talent of the Gophers teams. When the gopher players are asked in the press and they reply with the usual very lukewarm endorsement of the head coach the AD and administration need to read between the lines. It's time to give this program and the fans a coach they deserve.

I'm not shocked, but I'm damn sad. These seniors in particular have helped get me through some pretty long winter nights in the past 4-5 years, and for that I'm grateful. Glad they hung in and tried to get it done this year. Just could not get the puck luck early tonight and the hole got too deep when UMD got the bounces. Better team won, but I salute the Gophers for the B1G title & the conference tourney win.

A program with a years long habit of underachievement. A team loaded with players biding their time before the NHL experience. A shiny new hockey conference that provides a poor level of in-conference competition for a team that badly needs to be tested on a consistent basis to stave off the lazies. Systems designed to placate the NHL masters. An assistant coach who doesn't seem to understand the value of blue line protection. A head coach who frequently appears disengaged emotionally.

We need an overhaul.

I'm not shocked, but I'm damn sad. These seniors in particular have helped get me through some pretty long winter nights in the past 4-5 years, and for that I'm grateful. Glad they hung in and tried to get it done this year. Just could not get the puck luck early tonight and the hole got too deep when UMD got the bounces. Better team won, but I salute the Gophers for the B1G title & the conference tourney win.
I see where you're coming from but when the whole conference was weak what was there to get excited about? Titles don't mean anything this year.

A Minnesota team underachieving? I feel like this has happened before.

What a horrible performance and effort today. Bad game and bad atmosphere.

What a disgrace. Gophers were the best team in the country last year and they lost only 1 key player. Everyone else is a year older, smarter, stronger and more skilled. This team is a study in what coaching can or can't do to get a team to perform at their highest ability. Lucia adds another chapter to the most underachieving NCAA tourney track record of any coach. He has won 2 titles, but if Dean Blais, for example, had been coaching in the same time period he would have won at least 5 titles with the recruiting advantage and talent of the Gophers teams. When the gopher players are asked in the press and they reply with the usual very lukewarm endorsement of the head coach the AD and administration need to read between the lines. It's time to give this program and the fans a coach they deserve.

Nail, head! Lucia sucks. U needs to play on a regular size rink too, the oversized sheet is sooooooo stupid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wipe the tears away and let's rally behind the Huskies!

Top Bottom