NCAA Football 10

I'll get the game if your league is on the PS3. My PSN Name is frodozhobbit.

NCAA 10

EA Sports has been slacking off for years. I love the NCAA franchise and buy it every year regardless but the lack of year to year improvement is blatantly obvious.

EA needs to get on top of things like this. Its not like we are Central Michigan or something.

They could have easily given us a generic horseshoe stadium, it would have been no more effort.

I haven't played the game in a few years. Have they made the game less configurable than in past versions? It used to be that you could create teams and stadiums. I was able in past version to create Bemidji State. The simulations of the I-AA teams wasn't very good, so I imagine that actually similating a D-II team would be even less accurate. Back when they had some I-AA teams, the teams really played badly. I know, I know, they are I-AA, but a I-AA team shouldn't look bad playing another I-AA team.

You couldn't create schedules, but you could take a I-A conference that had the same number of teams, and replace each team with your created teams. That way, you could at least simulate the conference schedule.

They should just make the game more configurable, and a lot of the complaints would go away. They do seem to be focused on bells and whistles. I don't have a game system anymore, I thought about the Wii, but it looks like a dumbed down version on the Wii.

My thoughts as well RodentRampage, why couldn't it have been a generic horseshoe?

My thoughts as well RodentRampage, why couldn't it have been a generic horseshoe?

Because it would have been so much work to copy a stadium that was already in the game. It would have taken them seconds of work to give us a horseshoe instead of a bowl.

i created a team on EA .com with all the Gopher gear. I used tOSU's 'shoe.

Anyone go out and grab the game this morning? I'm interested in seeing what others say about it. I only have a PS2 but haven't bought a game since NCAA 08. Is it worth the purchase?

Yeah i'm definitely getting it -from what I heard the Gophers are rated really well this year

7-0 gophers after 1 quarter in the Carrier Dome. Weber's been picked 2 times, but scored on an 18-yd scamper.

PS2 version gets a thumbs down. Home stadium is still the Metrodump.

Yeah, EA's not lazy......

PS2 version gets a thumbs down. Home stadium is still the Metrodump.

Where are all those "EA" works so damn hard people now?
How "F"ing much work would it have been to put them outside, let alone, in an horseshoe, or God forbid, their own stadium?

I just got thru one quarter on exhibition against the hawkeyes. It says TCF Bank Stadium but then Nessler says " Here at the Metrodome the score is" LOL

Where are all those "EA" works so damn hard people now?
How "F"ing much work would it have been to put them outside, let alone, in an horseshoe, or God forbid, their own stadium?

They do work on the next Gen systems, i.e. Xbox 360 and PS3. PS2 games don't really get the full brunt of work to make them compatable....why? They want you to get fed up and upgrade obviously. I'm still shocked they even make PS2 games, considering they stopped making regular xbox games a year ago....must just be that easy to dumb down the games from the next gen versions.

They do work on the next Gen systems, i.e. Xbox 360 and PS3. PS2 games don't really get the full brunt of work to make them compatable....why? They want you to get fed up and upgrade obviously. I'm still shocked they even make PS2 games, considering they stopped making regular xbox games a year ago....must just be that easy to dumb down the games from the next gen versions.

Not a good idea to use logic with this guy. If you aren't building state of the art stadiums into your game, you are "F"ing lazy.

I just put in my order today for the game, since stadiums have no bearing what so ever on whether I by the game or not.

Lazy isn't the right word. But it does show that making a quality product isn't that high on their agenda. They slapped in a bowl stadium when it would have taken seconds to grab a generic horseshoe. Similarly, it would have taken seconds for them to have put in a horseshow instead of the Metrodome on the PS2 version. But it's not because they are lazy, it's because without competition, there is no incentive for them do so any differently.

Can you still replace a team's stadium by hand in the game?

As I said in a previous post in this thread, I won't call EA lazy, I just think they do a lousy job.

The gameplay and presentation is way better on the PS2 version I bought four years ago. That's pathetic, and the reason why I will once again be passing on buying this year's version even though I just bought a PS3 a few months ago. Thankfully, the people who make MLB The Show understand what a sports game should be, as I'm still playing the hell out of it four months after it was released.

All that said, I know I'm going to end up buying NCAA 11 simply to play in TCF Bank Stadium. I just hope they finally improve the other aspects of the game so it's on par with what we had five years ago.

For those who have the next gen systems, what does the generic TCF look like? I'm not buying the game this year for a number of reasons, but I figured someone would have posted a pic somewheres.

For those who have the next gen systems, what does the generic TCF look like? I'm not buying the game this year for a number of reasons, but I figured someone would have posted a pic somewheres.

A pic is posted prior in this thread. scroll back to the beginning of page 2 I think...

Thanks GG05. Looks like they just gave us a MN "Big House" would have been happier with a horseshoe from even a smaller school. I'm glad I didn't put out the $60 for this game. Looks like there is a lot of DLC (downloadable content) for this game that has been free for a long time.

Top Bottom