Policy Impact on Season Tickets

Post 1: "Bye Bye" - posts again multiple times
Post 3: (2 after initial "Bye Bye" post) - "I am done posting on this subject"
Post 4: After already saying both "Bye Bye" and "I am done posting on this subject": "I am done posting on this subject" (for the 2nd time)

I wonder how many more times you'll post after twice saying that you're "done posting on this subject".

And price increases over the next three years is about the stupidest logic possible for dropping your tickets this year. Since you've been a ticket holder for 20 years, you know that the tickets are renewed on an annual basis, right? You would've had to pay 2015 prices, not 2017 prices. You get that, right?

I just received today's snail-mail and there was a letter from "Golden Gopher Fund" dated April 16 telling me I had until April 17 to renew my tickets and was postmarked April 22. I did renew last minute but found this letter interesting.

And price increases over the next three years is about the stupidest logic possible for dropping your tickets this year. Since you've been a ticket holder for 20 years, you know that the tickets are renewed on an annual basis, right? You would've had to pay 2015 prices, not 2017 prices. You get that, right?

Good observation. For most people, the ticket fee increase for this year shouldn't be a reason to drop their season tickets. I understand if you are one of the unfortunate few that were license free before, and now have a new large fee to consider. Even next year's increase should be doable for most. It's that third year where I expect ticket prices to be a real issue for more than a few fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about those folks that are keeping their tix stop worrying so much about why others are dropping theirs.

How about those folks that are keeping their tix stop worrying so much about why others are dropping theirs.

I don't think anyone's worried about people with legit reasons for dropping their tix. It's the complete bs scenarios like Magic that tend to draw comments. I'd be shocked if anything he wrote was remotely true.

I don't think anyone's worried about people with legit reasons for dropping their tix. It's the complete bs scenarios like Magic that tend to draw comments. I'd be shocked if anything he wrote was remotely true.

Same can be said for the "thanks for dropping your tickets, now I can buy more" crowd. You've had 5 years to buy more tickets, but you just can't wait to snatch up more now? Especially when they cost more? If you say so.

I'm not buying this. There is an awful lot of bitching about people dropping tix by folks who are upset that others are bitching about ticket price. It is kind of hypocritical. Not to name names, but one poster even went as far as to complain about who was posting on this thread even tho he had a significant number of posts in the thread himself. He then went and trolled the "canceling ticket crowd" in a non related thread.

Personally, I care what I choose to do on the subject and why I choose to do that. Although I am interested in what others are doing I don't really care what they choose or why. I don't get why some folks seem personally upset when someone chooses to cancel tix and then attack their reasons. AND, it is the "keeping ticket crowd" that is doing that waaaaaaaay more than the "canceling ticket crowd".

Go Gophers.

Personally, I care what I choose to do on the subject and why I choose to do that. Although I am interested in what others are doing I don't really care what they choose or why. I don't get why some folks seem personally upset when someone chooses to cancel tix and then attack their reasons. AND, it is the "keeping ticket crowd" that is doing that waaaaaaaay more than the "canceling ticket crowd".

Go Gophers.

I can understand this, but my view is a bit different. I like to hear about other season ticket holders and why they choose to renew or not renew.

For me, after 20 years, I sat on the fence for a while. I can afford the cost of the tickets, but I didn't like how it was handled, and it rubbed me the wrong way. I understand the goal is to increase revenue, and it very well could do that. What it does to the game day atmosphere is still to be determined.

Ultimately, I just like Gopher football too much. I paid in full, and that's that. I'm looking forward to another year at TCF Bank Stadium.

For those that are not renewing, there is no justification required. I've learned to never tell people how to spend their money. TCF Bank Stadium is more enjoyable when it's filled to the brim. I hope I'm wrong, but the current plan seems certain to be counterproductive to having a consistent full house. Of course, a Rose Bowl appearance would change everything. I'll hope for that.

I can understand this, but my view is a bit different. I like to hear about other season ticket holders and why they choose to renew or not renew.

For me, after 20 years, I sat on the fence for a while. I can afford the cost of the tickets, but I didn't like how it was handled, and it rubbed me the wrong way. I understand the goal is to increase revenue, and it very well could do that. What it does to the game day atmosphere is still to be determined.

Ultimately, I just like Gopher football too much. I paid in full, and that's that. I'm looking forward to another year at TCF Bank Stadium.

For those that are not renewing, there is no justification required. I've learned to never tell people how to spend their money. TCF Bank Stadium is more enjoyable when it's filled to the brim. I hope I'm wrong, but the current plan seems certain to be counterproductive to having a consistent full house. Of course, a Rose Bowl appearance would change everything. I'll hope for that.

I feel that's why some that renewed the tickets are chastising those that dropped them. They feel it will diminish the atmosphere even if the big money buys up all the empty seats. At the core, that'd be a butt in the seat but not necessarily a fan. Thus, the new atmosphere will weaken the game time experience in the stands whether it's an empty seat or not.

I feel that's why some that renewed the tickets are chastising those that dropped them. They feel it will diminish the atmosphere even if the big money buys up all the empty seats. At the core, that'd be a butt in the seat but not necessarily a fan. Thus, the new atmosphere will weaken the game time experience in the stands whether it's an empty seat or not.

Tend to agree here but with the caveat that if the football is competitive, even good, then typically even the "casual butt in the seat" will get into it and contribute noise (which is really what is being referenced for the "atmosphere" part) on third downs.

That said these are the first to quiet down and/or leave early if the home team is struggling.

For the dedicated folks now we have the Northwestern, Purdue, and Nebraska examples (finally) to keep us hopeful and inspired in our seats till the clock reads 00:00.

We won't know for three more years whether the fundraising scheme was a success or failure relative to ALL the factors, not just the $$$$. At least I think we can expect the "on-the-field product" to be where it needs to be in any formula for success, which is a good thing.

my group expects to grow by threeadditional seats tho it is important to get all the seats together which might be tough in zone 4.

Just checked my updated "Gopher Score" on my account today. Went from 10490 out of 17112 to 8545/17660. This is after paying my donation and renewing my Football season tickets. I am ok with that. :)

Just checked my updated "Gopher Score" on my account today. Went from 10490 out of 17112 to 8545/17660. This is after paying my donation and renewing my Football season tickets. I am ok with that. :)

Just checked mine and I went from 8500 or so to around 7500. Am going to move to a little cheaper seats for next year so hopefully the drop works for me when the phone rings in May.

I was one of the few where the donation actually went down, i'd like to move down to Zone 2, but my ranking stayed almost exactly the same as last year when i checked because of the drop in the donation. I anticipate i'll be in the same re-seating zone because of this, it will be interesting to see what's available when I get the call.

Just checked mine and I went from 8500 or so to around 7500. Am going to move to a little cheaper seats for next year so hopefully the drop works for me when the phone rings in May.

So this made me curious, so i checked my points out. I cut my rank in half. There are at least 1500 season ticket holders not renewing this season. if the average is 3 seats that is at least 4500 down. I beleive with the team doing well that those seats will be gobbled up by people buying single game tickets so hopefully the stands wont be emptier than it has in the past and maybe more people will fill in the outskirts of the stadium.

its the main seats that will not be as full(higher priced tickets) or will be filled with visitor fans able to buy tickets through ticket master at a far less cost than the season ticket holders would have paid.

Someone from the office finally left me a message about my lack of action on the renewal. That surprised me after the blasé tone of the e mail they sent our warning us to renew. My e mails noting my displeasure with the new policy were noted on my account, which the account rep. commented on in the message he left. (good CSR/ CRM process)

I let him know that I had some practical reasons for not renewing ($, uncertainty in job, possible work hours on Saturday) and they gave me quite a bit of room still make a decision to renew which was a surprise. This tells me they have some level of concern about people going away, and the process gave me a little more of a positive feeling about everything.

So this made me curious, so i checked my points out. I cut my rank in half. There are at least 1500 season ticket holders not renewing this season. if the average is 3 seats that is at least 4500 down. I beleive with the team doing well that those seats will be gobbled up by people buying single game tickets so hopefully the stands wont be emptier than it has in the past and maybe more people will fill in the outskirts of the stadium.

its the main seats that will not be as full(higher priced tickets) or will be filled with visitor fans able to buy tickets through ticket master at a far less cost than the season ticket holders would have paid.

Yeah, I looked too. 2571 out of 17,660.

Yeah, I looked too. 1586 out of 17,493. Mr.Bigelow had his number out of 17,660. Can't explain that.

Checked mine again Iceland and it is still 8545/17660. Wonder why the difference? That's strange. Maybe it will update tomorrow.

Yeah, I looked too. 1586 out of 17,493. Mr.Bigelow had his number out of 17,660. Can't explain that.

the 1586 was the number on the landing page. you have to enter into your account to find yours. Mr. B has the correct number.

the 1586 was the number on the landing page. you have to enter into your account to find yours. Mr. B has the correct number.

Thank you Double D. It's actually 2571 out of 17660.

I went from roughly 10500 (to the best of my recollection) to 7742 out of 17660.

I cut my rank in half. There are at least 1500 season ticket holders not renewing this season. if the average is 3 seats that is at least 4500 down.

You seem to be assuming that the only way to improve your rank is for people ahead of you to drop their tickets. That is almost certainly a part of the reason for your improvement, but the rank is heavily dependent on donations and the timing of those donations so you could move ahead of people who renewed, but elected not to make a donation or will donate, but haven't made their payments yet. I expect that there will continue to be some movement as those things get sorted out. (And remember that the fiscal year ends June 30, so on July 1 this year's donations become last year's donations and are worth less points.)

You seem to be assuming that the only way to improve your rank is for people ahead of you to drop their tickets. That is almost certainly a part of the reason for your improvement, but the rank is heavily dependent on donations and the timing of those donations so you could move ahead of people who renewed, but elected not to make a donation or will donate, but haven't made their payments yet. I expect that there will continue to be some movement as those things get sorted out. (And remember that the fiscal year ends June 30, so on July 1 this year's donations become last year's donations and are worth less points.)

I know the bill for the donation and the bill for the tickets themselves were separate but how could someone renew and elect not to make a donation? Or were you referring to donations above and beyond those required in the new season ticket pricing structure?

I know the bill for the donation and the bill for the tickets themselves were separate but how could someone renew and elect not to make a donation? Or were you referring to donations above and beyond those required in the new season ticket pricing structure?

If you renew they give you the option of making donations immediately or over time. (I think that they request that the donations be in by June 30.) That's also the "deadline" for cumulative donations to qualify for the preferred parking areas. As an example, the donation requirement for my seats this year is $150 per seat. I have four, so the $600 seat donation is not sufficient to meet the $1,000 donation requirement for a tier 2 parking lot (or whatever they call them). I renewed my parking space, but haven't yet made the additional donation required for that spot. I was told that, to keep the spot, they would "like to have that donation in by June 30." My current rank reflects my renewal, but not all the donation points that I will have eventually.

If you renew they give you the option of making donations immediately or over time. (I think that they request that the donations be in by June 30.) That's also the "deadline" for cumulative donations to qualify for the preferred parking areas. As an example, the donation requirement for my seats this year is $150 per seat. I have four, so the $600 seat donation is not sufficient to meet the $1,000 donation requirement for a tier 2 parking lot (or whatever they call them). I renewed my parking space, but haven't yet made the additional donation required for that spot. I was told that, to keep the spot, they would "like to have that donation in by June 30." My current rank reflects my renewal, but not all the donation points that I will have eventually.

Is that really how they worded it? If so that is pretty funny.

Top Bottom