All Things 2015-16 B1G Schedules

According to Penn State's official release about their participation in the Gavitt Games, they will play Drexel at the Palestra sometime in December.

The Wisconsin-Oklahoma game is scheduled for Nov. 29. Also, based on the info from Blogging the Bracket, I think we can conclude that Wisconsin's home games in the 2K Classic will be against Prairie View A&M and Radford.

The Wisconsin-Oklahoma game is scheduled for Nov. 29. Also, based on the info from Blogging the Bracket, I think we can conclude that Wisconsin's home games in the 2K Classic will be against Prairie View A&M and Radford.

Wisconsin went all in for point guard Payton Pritchard, especially after they lost out on Jarvis. Pritchard committed to Oklahoma.

In a 3-Point Shot segment from yesterday, Andy Katz said that Wisconsin will likely play Georgetown in the first 2K Classic game in New York. In today's, he said that Michigan State and Florida were discussing a home and home series that would begin in East Lansing this year.

. ... In today's, he said that Michigan State and Florida were discussing a home and home series that would begin in East Lansing this year.

Another Izzo vs. Pitino matchup? (ba dump bump)

Thanks. In all seriousness, I'll add the Wisconsin-Georgetown projected 2K semifinal matchup. Makes sense that Duke would get the weakest/non-brand name (VCU) of the other 3. Will hold off on adding Florida to MSU's schedule until something sounds a little more concrete. Our coach and AD have been talking about a brand name coming to Minnesota for 2 years now and nothing's happened, so I'm skeptical when I hear about those types of "discussions" between schools.

Katz speculates on top 3 B1G-ACC Challenge matchups

Wisconsin and Virginia played each other in 2012 and 2013, so I am sure they would try to avoid pairing them together again.

You're looking spot on on that one. Speculation from Andy Katz is Indiana @ Duke, Maryland @ North Carolina, and Michigan State vs. Virginia (home team TBD, both on the road last year) will be the 3 headliners. Gotta' think Sparty will get the home game given that the ACC already is the home team in the 2 other marquee matchups?

Time to reconfigure the pairings.

Might look like this?

Updated pairings (best to worst):

Maryland @ North Carolina
Indiana @ Duke
Virginia @ Michigan State
Michigan @ NC State
Wisconsin @ Syracuse
Louisville @ Ohio State
Notre Dame @ Illinois
Florida State @ Iowa
Purdue @ Pitt
Miami @ Nebraska
Northwestern @ Boston College
Clemson @ Minnesota
Penn State @ Georgia Tech
Wake Forest @ Rutgers

2015-16 Noteworthy Home & Homes Nation-Wide

This is as good as spot as any to keep tabs on noteworthy home & homes (on home courts) confirmed by the release of a non-conference schedule. Kansas to my knowledge is the first school to officially release its non-conference schedule. We'll start there.

2015-16 Noteworthy Home & Home Matchups
Dec. 22: Kansas @ San Diego State

Land-Grant Holy Land is reporting that Ohio State will likely host Northern Illinois this season, probably in December. On another Buckeye scheduling note, I was perusing an AAC message board, and in their schedule thread a Memphis fan posted that they were hosting Louisiana Tech as part of the Miami tournament. I had seen it reported that the teams were playing, but I didn't know it was part of the exempt event. Anyway, I would think this means that Ohio State will also be playing Louisiana Tech in this event in Columbus.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2015/5/9/8558781/ohio-state-basketball-2015-2016-schedule-niu

http://csnbbs.com/thread-731353-page-9.html

Appreciate the schedule updates. Recent ones have been added.

Always scares me how few reports we hear in advance about Minnesota's non-conference games, as opposed to the other Big Ten schools. That's probably not a good sign. Likely means another garbage home schedule, so they probably do all they can to avoid having the names of the opponents leak out. Maybe this year'll be different.

Always scares me how few reports we hear in advance about Minnesota's non-conference games, as opposed to the other Big Ten schools. That's probably not a good sign. Likely means another garbage home schedule, so they probably do all they can to avoid having the names of the opponents leak out. Maybe this year'll be different.

With season ticket renewals due the end of the month, I think they'd be promoting the schedule if there was going to be any improvement.

With season ticket renewals due the end of the month, I think they'd be promoting the schedule if there was going to be any improvement.

Yep. Was thinking the same thing.

That's the tough thing about renewing basketball season tickets as opposed to football. At least with football you always know exactly what you're paying for. It's possible we won't even know who the Gophers are playing in the ACC Challenge, or even whether we'll be a host.

Yep. Was thinking the same thing.

That's the tough thing about renewing basketball season tickets as opposed to football. At least with football you always know exactly what you're paying for. It's possible we won't even know who the Gophers are playing in the ACC Challenge, or even whether we'll be a host.

Seems something inherently wrong with the transaction when you are asked to buy something when you don't know what it is.

Seems something inherently wrong with the transaction when you are asked to buy something when you don't know what it is.

Will admit there is a saving grace next season. Unlike last season when the Gophers didn't host Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, and Michigan State, the 2015-16 Big Ten home schedule doesn't stink. There's likely to be 9 quality teams (defined as competing for NCAA bid) in the B1G next season, and the Gophers will see 7 of those at Williams Arena: Maryland; Michigan State; Indiana; Wisconsin; Purdue; Michigan; and Illinois. The only real downer is we don't get rival Iowa at home. That's a really nice B1G home schedule.

That said, knowing the U's history of non-conference home scheduling -- certainly during the Tubby & Pitino eras -- I'm sure we'll hear that as an excuse if they don't pull the trigger on a notable non-conference home opponent (outside of the Challenge).

Top Bottom