Gopher legend Brock Lesnar finally rules out MMA return; turned down huge offer

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the AP:

Former UFC heavyweight champion and Gophers wrestling icon Brock Lesnar ruled out a return to mixed martial arts on Tuesday, ending three years of speculation about the biggest pay-per-view star in the sport's history.

Lesnar announced he had re-signed with the WWE in an interview on ESPN's "SportsCenter."

Moments after his announcement, Lesnar told The Associated Press he was in training for a UFC return as recently as last week, even though he had developed conflicted feelings about it over the previous month.

He finally decided to stick with professional wrestling only in the past two days, signing his new three-year deal with the WWE on Monday night when the promotion increased its financial offer.

"The fighter in me wants to continue, but at this stage in my life, it ain't just about me anymore," Lesnar told The AP. "You put your pride to the side. You hug your wife and your kids. I'm a 37-year-old man, and some days I feel like I'm 80, just with all the things I've experienced, all the things I've done. I feel fortunate about it. It's like, what else can I do? Why go backward?"

http://www.startribune.com/sports/297466981.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom