College Football Video Games

akgo4

Reaction score
Not sure if this isn't supposed to be in a different place, but has anybody discovered a game that takes the place of the EA sports titles, and would want to share? Looking for anything computer based, since XBox One and PS 4's are expensive.

I don't think another maker took on the task after EA dropped it. I suggest buying a used PS3 and NCAA football 2014. There is a community out there who is already working on next season's rosters.

I did some looking around and it looks like there's a college mod for Madden 08 on PC, which was the last Madden to release on PC. Unfortunately, because Madden only contains 32 teams, the mod only contains 32 college teams, and the Gophers aren't one of them. There's a download link in the description of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ8dK6JQ88w

As Breakin' The Plane suggested, you could pick up a PS3 or Xbox 360 for less than the cost of an Xbone or PS4 and get NCAA 14. If you got a 360 though, you might have to pay for an Xbox Live subscription to access the online features to get roster updates for the current years, I'm not sure. PS3 can play online for free, so I know it wouldn't be a problem on the Playstation.

If you were looking to go cheaper, NCAA 11 was the last college football game released on the PS2. A PS2 would probably cost you only $30 or $40 these days, and old sports games are frequently dirt cheap. Of course the Gophers in that game would be those of Tim Brewster's final year, so they probably wouldn't be all that good lol.

Otherwise as far as I can tell, NCAA Football 99 is the newest college football game released for Windows.

Doesn't look to be a lot of good options.

I don't think another maker took on the task after EA dropped it. I suggest buying a used PS3 and NCAA football 2014. There is a community out there who is already working on next season's rosters.

+1 I'll have to download new rosters for this coming season. I'd like to make sure I download accurate rosters. Rosters that unrealistically boost your team are no fun.

+1 I'll have to download new rosters for this coming season. I'd like to make sure I download accurate rosters. Rosters that unrealistically boost your team are no fun.

Just don't put Ed O'Bannon on your roster!

You just need the most recent NCAA for whatever console. Then go to operationsports.com

Those guys have tons of rosters to select from (ones that really get into the SEC or the B10 or whatever conference) and they really do a good job updating depth charts and rating players as the season goes on. They do mostly playstation and xbox but should likely be able to find a downloadable file for PC as well there

They only have about 20 teams done for next year. Luckily, the Gophers are one of them. They are rated as a team around 81, Ohio State's a 90, so that's fairly accurate.

You just need the most recent NCAA for whatever console. Then go to operationsports.com

Those guys have tons of rosters to select from (ones that really get into the SEC or the B10 or whatever conference) and they really do a good job updating depth charts and rating players as the season goes on. They do mostly playstation and xbox but should likely be able to find a downloadable file for PC as well there

NCAA football games haven't been released on PC since the 90's.

NCAA football games haven't been released on PC since the 90's.

"Released on pc"doesn't mean you can't get them to play on pc hahaha. Plus the op said he's looking computer based do that's why I said for pc

Top Bottom