"He is the complainer in chief."

watertown 1987 guy n

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the media since they say a lot stupid things just to create controversy and publicity for themselves, but I'm less of a fan of Ryan. A good tongue-in-cheek poke at Ryan.

Cowherd Tells Ryan to "Chill Out"

After Wisconsin's 72-65 win over Oregon in the NCAA Tournament Round of 32, head coach Bo Ryan was asked about preparing for 4-seed North Carolina in the Sweet 16.

One of Ryan's biggest "concerns" was the lack of rest for his team, who had played the final game in Omaha while the remaining Sweet 16 teams in the West Region all played on Saturday, giving the Tarheels, 2-seed Arizona, and 6-seed Xavier an extra day of rest.

The Badgers have to take Monday off and leave for Los Angeles later that night. On top of that, Wisconsin's players all have class this week -- which will obviously have to be made up on the road.

"The other three teams that are going out to California were finished yesterday," said Ryan. "I just find that kind of curious, why this is the way it is, but I'm sure with the logistics, this is what happens. So we won't have as much preparation time as our opponent, but we'll just have to run a little faster."

Apparently those words rubbed ESPN radio personality Colin Cowherd the wrong way. During Monday's show, Cowherd had some words for the 67-year-old head coach, who took things much further than Ryan ever intended to with his "complaints."

"I find him almost impossible to root for," said Cowherd. "He is the complainer in chief.

"They beat Oregon, decent game to watch. I don't find Wisconsin thrilling to watch. Bo Ryan, the complainer in chief, is complaining about the NCAA Tournament.

"Yeah, the NCAA I'm sure is anti-Wisconsin. He's not happy unless he's unhappy. Deal with it. Do you understand how hard it is -- do these millionaire coaches have any idea how hard it is to put this event together? The NCAA plays for all the flights, arenas, scheduling, ground transportation. They do all of it. It is a lot to handle.

"Bo Ryan needs to chill out. You got a number one seed. I know what you make, your salary is public. You work for a public institution in a small town. That money goes a long way. You're treated like american royalty."

Then Cowherd decided to poke some fun at the state of Wisconsin, but apparently couldn't find the Dane County airport during his last visit.

"Nothing against Wisconsin, but one time I had to do a live show in Madison, Wisconsin," he said. "It was fine. It was a fun college.

"I'm literally not joking. They had a cheese and cow convention. I'm not joking. You would think with the last name Cowherd, I would have gotten a suite.

"I had to fly to Milwaukee and drive to Madison. We couldn't get flights there."

This is amazing! And oh so true! "He's not happy unless he's unhappy!" Love that.

"He needs to chill out!"

Just to venture a guess, I think Wisconsin probably played one day later due to the logistics of getting to play round 1 closer to home.

Pure silliness. More envy and jealousy of Bo Ryan and Wisconsin. The Badgers have left us in the dust in the two sports that matter.

Pure silliness. More envy and jealousy of Bo Ryan and Wisconsin. The Badgers have left us in the dust in the two sports that matter.

Yup. That's why ESPN analyst Colin Cowherd is talking about Bo's complaining, pure Gopher fan envy and jealousy.

Bo may be a complainer, but he puts some damned good teams on the floor.

Bo may be a complainer, but he puts some damned good teams on the floor.

Just like our team, Don, they always lose their last game of the year in basketball too.

I want to applaud this, but I just can't. Cowherd is just awful. He always make a mountain out of molehill. He's one of those guys I just want to punch every time I see or hear him.

Top Bottom