Sun Current: Blake Cashman brings athletic talents to Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Sun Current:

he Eagle two-sports star had Division I football scholarship offers from North Dakota State University and Iowa State as well as several Division II colleges.

But Cashman was a Gopher fan growing up and wanted the chance to compete for his hometown favorites in the Big Ten Conference. So, he accepted Gopher head coach Jerry Kill’s offer of a preferred walk-on designation meaning Cashman will not be handed a full-time scholarship but has the opportunity to earn one through his contributions to the U of M football program.

“I wanted the chance to play for the Gophers and was impressed by coach Kill and his staff,” said Cashman. “I don’t know what position or positions I will be asked to play.

“But I am willing to compete on special teams or in any role that gets me on the field. I must improve my strength but am looking forward to begin taking summer classes at the U of M in June so that the transition to college on and off the field will be smoother than if I enrolled in the fall. It will be great to play in front of my dad Steve and mom Corinne Meshbesher at Minnesota, which is close to home.”

http://current.mnsun.com/2015/03/cashman-brings-athletic-talents-to-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

per the Sun Current:

The Eagle two-sports star had Division I football scholarship offers from North Dakota State University and Iowa State as well as several Division II colleges.

Go Gophers!!

He had a PWO offer from NDSU and scholarship offers from some DII schools.

Top Bottom