Coaching Records When Scoring 30 Since 2000

Found this interesting: http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/301uiu/coaching_records_when_scoring_30_since_2000/

Of note:
Jerry Kill (28-5-0)--0.84848
Tim Brewster (8-8-0)--0.50000

That was good stuff! There was well over 100 coaches represented: Brewster was tied for 2nd to last. Not to beat a dead horse; but the spread offense wasn't a good match for our recruiting base. That along with many years of virtually ignoring the defense side of the ball was a recipe for disaster. One thing that did seem to work for us was DC Ted Roof. He could do a lot with what he was given. The combination of the two was actually decent.

That was good stuff! There was well over 100 coaches represented: Brewster was tied for 2nd to last. Not to beat a dead horse; but the spread offense wasn't a good match for our recruiting base. That along with many years of virtually ignoring the defense side of the ball was a recipe for disaster. One thing that did seem to work for us was DC Ted Roof. He could do a lot with what he was given. The combination of the two was actually decent.

Interesting to see the Air Raid crew so low on that list.

Interesting to see the Air Raid crew so low on that list.

Makes perfect sense. Those teams absolutely have to score a ton of points because they don't play D. So they're losing plenty of games 35-49.

Losing games when you score 30 points or more doesn't tell me that the offense was bad. It tells me the defense was bad.

Makes perfect sense. Those teams absolutely have to score a ton of points because they don't play D. So they're losing plenty of games 35-49.

They don't play defense? Really?

Killer right above Harbaugh...
love our coach, wish the U would do a Killism alarm clock that gives you some sort of swagger in your ass when you get out of bed. Id buy that for 54.99 with tax.

I would like to see the record of coaches who give up less than 20 points per game. Mason would not be on that list.

I would like to see the record of coaches who give up less than 20 points per game. Mason would not be on that list.

Was going to second that but too hard to analyze for the blowouts where you win 70-0 vs and FCS vs an actual opponent to hold much weight

Top Bottom