Bob Huggins’s daughters make rape jokes about Maryland’s Dez Wells

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Washington Post:

The mood inside Nationwide Arena was occasionally ugly late Sunday night, with several West Virginia fans sitting behind the media joking about how Maryland was “soft” after Melo Trimble left the game with a head injury.

The mood online was apparently no better. After West Virginia’s win, Twitter accounts seemingly belonging to Coach Bob Huggins’s two daughters posted rape-related comments about Maryland star Dez Wells, who was expelled from Xavier in 2012 after accusations of sexual assault.

A Hamilton (Ohio) County prosecutor determined that the allegations against Wells were unworthy of prosecution. Wells later sued his former school; the lawsuit was settled out of court.

Jenna Leigh Huggins, listed as a West Virginia “program assistant,” tweeted that a Jewish Maryland fan shown on the big screen at Sunday’s game “should be really concerned about the rapist on your team,” tagging Wells in the tweet. She also tweeted “No means no, Dez.” By Sunday night, her account was private, although screen shots were posted by Inside Maryland Sports, the Baltimore Sun and elsewhere.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rs-make-rape-jokes-about-marylands-dez-wells/

Go Gophers!!

per the Washington Post:

The mood inside Nationwide Arena was occasionally ugly late Sunday night, with several West Virginia fans sitting behind the media joking about how Maryland was “soft” after Melo Trimble left the game with a head injury.

The mood online was apparently no better. After West Virginia’s win, Twitter accounts seemingly belonging to Coach Bob Huggins’s two daughters posted rape-related comments about Maryland star Dez Wells, who was expelled from Xavier in 2012 after accusations of sexual assault.

A Hamilton (Ohio) County prosecutor determined that the allegations against Wells were unworthy of prosecution. Wells later sued his former school; the lawsuit was settled out of court.

Jenna Leigh Huggins, listed as a West Virginia “program assistant,” tweeted that a Jewish Maryland fan shown on the big screen at Sunday’s game “should be really concerned about the rapist on your team,” tagging Wells in the tweet. She also tweeted “No means no, Dez.” By Sunday night, her account was private, although screen shots were posted by Inside Maryland Sports, the Baltimore Sun and elsewhere.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rs-make-rape-jokes-about-marylands-dez-wells/

Go Gophers!!

The one daughter, Jacqueline, still has her posts up. Amazing her dad hasn't stepped in yet. Also amazing how stupid she is.

You plant corn, you get corn.

What do you expect with a role model father like that?

These two girls are the product of what you get when have a prick of a dad like Bob Huggins. This type of attitude and behavior is learned right at home. What an embarrassment, but I wouldn't expect anything better out of a family like that.

Nice "screen" by the WVU player on Melo Trimble. They even review this and decided it wasn't a flagrant 1. That's how Huggin's teaches.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OYP6d9ugFnt/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Huggins can flat out coach, and teaching kids to play super physical is not something I have a problem with. I watched Trimble on the bench sulking and looking at the floor with his head buried and I cursed myself for not taking West Virginia to the Sweet 16 in any of my brackets. I totally forgot about Huggins' ability to scrap and fight and... WIN GAMES. (He's probably a total jerk - and his daughters are beyond unclassy - but on the court the guy is a winner.)

WVU deserved to win that game, but didn't Huggins have quite a few teams that underachieved in the NCAA back at Cincinnati?

WVU deserved to win that game, but didn't Huggins have quite a few teams that underachieved in the NCAA back at Cincinnati?

Yup. Got my ass burned a few times by picking his underachieving Cincinnati teams to go far in the brackets.

Hard to imagine anyone related to Huggins commenting on anyone regarding strength of character

There must be some great family dinners in that house.

To be that stupid,it probably has to be a combination of both genetics and environment.

Nice "screen" by the WVU player on Melo Trimble. They even review this and decided it wasn't a flagrant 1. That's how Huggin's teaches.

I don't think this was intentional. Looked more like the guy was late getting to the ball screen and by the time he realized it, Trimble is right there. He doesn't extend his forearm or anything to "finish" a dirty play which would necessitate the Flagrant. Def should've been a foul and really think it messed w/ Trimble the rest of the way. Extremely brutal call to miss but hard to call dirty

Wish we had some players that would set a screen like that once in a while

Wish we had some players that would set a screen like that once in a while

We were called for a ton of illegals screens this year. That play is called a foul 98 out of 100 times. I don't know how no ref saw it.

We were called for a ton of illegals screens this year. That play is called a foul 98 out of 100 times. I don't know how no ref saw it.

I just meant to show that we have a certain toughness about us. I would expect it to be called a foul every time, but I wouldn't mind a hard foul like that every once in awhile to send a message

Huggins can flat out coach, and teaching kids to play super physical is not something I have a problem with. I watched Trimble on the bench sulking and looking at the floor with his head buried and I cursed myself for not taking West Virginia to the Sweet 16 in any of my brackets. I totally forgot about Huggins' ability to scrap and fight and... WIN GAMES. (He's probably a total jerk - and his daughters are beyond unclassy - but on the court the guy is a winner.)
I wouldn't say Trimble was "sulking".

More like suffering the effects of a concussion.

Yeah, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He looked ill to me.

Yeah, I think that screen started it and the last hit (from his teammate) just finished him off.

Roman Stubbs
‏@romanstubbs
Maryland's Melo Trimble suffered a concussion Sunday night against West Virginia, a school official said. Will continued to be monitored.

Top Bottom