CONGRATS TO GOPHER WOMEN

hungan1

Reaction score
THEY JUST WON THEIR SIXTH NATIONAL TITLE IN HOCKEY!

We have a Women's Hockey Team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The men have never won 3 women's national hockey titles? Have they tried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone go to their games?

Yes actually. Not a lot, but a lot more than most of the other Women's sports at the U. Frozen Four was sold out for a long time, which was nice to see. Only place in the country that is true for. Congrats to the Ladies.

Yes actually. Not a lot, but a lot more than most of the other Women's sports at the U. Frozen Four was sold out for a long time, which was nice to see. Only place in the country that is true for. Congrats to the Ladies.

Sounds good.

I see no reason reason to make snarky comments about a team that just delivered a national championship to the University of Minnesota.
Probably one of the people that doesn't want his donation money going to sports that he doesn't like.

FWIW, woman's hockey is easily the most entertaining woman's sport to watch. A lot of skill and they go end to end much more than the men.

3 National Titles and a second for the seniors. The men have NEVER done that.

Never mind- just figured out what you meant by this....

3 National titles and a 2nd place finish for the seniors.... At first I thought you just meant 2 national titles for the seniors.

Does anyone go to their games?

They averaged about 2000 fans for the regular season this year. There are a few DI mens hockey teams in other parts of the country that would die for that kind of attendance. For comparison, Mankato State men's hockey averaged 3447 a game in 2013-14. There were 16 DI mens teams under 2000 average attendance for 2013-14.

I go to about one game a year. It's very good hockey and much more affordable than a men's game. We had 1st row seats for the 1st round of the NCAA game against RIT and the tickets were $5 each.

Congrats to them!

Isn't there a hockey board this belongs on?

Congrats to them!

Isn't there a hockey board this belongs on?

Maybe, but shouldn't we celebrate national championships on all boards? I remember we mentioned the golf team on this board when they won it all in 2002 (3?).

Maybe, but shouldn't we celebrate national championships on all boards? I remember we mentioned the golf team on this board when they won it all in 2002 (3?).

This.

:cheer::drink::cheer::drink::cheer::drink::cheer:

Season tickets this year for women's hockey was $99. A 50% reduction from the year before. Tickets for the finals were $15 a game A really good bargain.

Season tickets this year for women's hockey was $99. A 50% reduction from the year before. Tickets for the finals were $15 a game A really good bargain.

This is another thread in itself. If the fans really like whatever product then there should be no need for price reductions. There are bills to be paid and someone has to pay them.

Top Bottom