FSN: College hockey waters never 'truly calm' as landscape ever-changing

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

In a world where (Big) Ten equals six (hockey-playing members in the conference) and (Final) Five amounts to four (teams in this weekend's WCHA semifinal), nothing's quite as it appears on the surface.

With conference tournaments commencing this weekend -- two of them in the Twin Cities -- the makeover of NCAA Division I men's hockey is almost two full seasons in. Casual fans have had another year to figure out which sextet of Big Ten schools have varsity pucks programs, what teams are still in the WCHA and what NCHC stands for.

But those on the inside of #cawlidgehawkey, as SportsCenter anchor and ESPN hockey analyst John Buccigross likes to get trending on Twitter, think this could be the eye of the storm, not its outer edge.

"I don't know if the waters are ever really, truly calm," first-year WCHA commissioner Bill Robertson said. "I think there's been a settling right now for a bit, but I do see more changes arising in years to come in college hockey. I don't think this is the last shift we'll ever have, that's for sure."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...-truly-calm-as-landscape-ever-changing-032015

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom