2015 Recruiting Class Highlights

Well said Winasota...... I don't post much on here but have been reading for a few years now. A lot of people on here seem to have already given up on next year. I believe we will be quicker, stronger, more atheletic and could possibly surprise with our young squad. These kinds of threads keep hope alive. Thanks Madtown!

The freshman/sophmores would really have to develop quickly to get to 500 next year, I don't see it. The advantage though is younger players seem to play without fear, I'm hoping for seven Big Ten wins, a slight improvement over last year.

One thing you all should be excited about, and patient with, is in 3 years when Bakary and Gas are seniors and about 30 years old and JW is a Junior, all three will have had 3 summers of workouts in our weight programs. We are going to have some NICE size in the middle. They don't have to be scoring machines, our quick guards can funnel the action into the middle and those guys focus on disruption and rebounds.

Pair it up with some long and athletic 4s which hopefully start showing up.... and I really like the 1-3 positions recruiting speed and handles.

If you cant see the vision you're not trying, and if the vision doesn't make a lot of sense to you then you're never going to like this team.
The litmus test will be whether or not we can recruit those types of 4s and if our Bigs improve from an athleticism standpoint to be able to disrupt and rebound.

I always think of things as possibilities and probabilities. Yes, it is possible that all of these guys could develop into excellent players, but what about the probability of that happening? If they are just decent players, we are going to be in the same boat we were in this year. If GD and BK cannot figure out how to defend without fouling, we are going to be in the same boat we were in this year. If GD and BK cannot score inside and put pressure on opposing defenses to get their bigs in foul trouble, we are going to be in the same boat we were in this year. No doubt, GD and BK are intriguing prospects, but that is all they are at this time. The vision is there, but can it be attained?

I see him as a shoot first wing, but did notice when we first started recruiting him, he's a good interior passer. My concern then, as it is now, is how close is he to having a B1G ready body. I'm not expecting a Masonlike impact as a frosh, but I like a shooter like McBrayer in every class. Good pickup by Coach P. and staff.

Enough with he BIG body for guards!!!! Carlos Morris, Travis Trice, Bryn Forbes, Melo Tremble(listed 6'2" 175), Vic law(6'7", 185), Jon Octeus(6'4" 170)... There are more but I got lazy. Then there is Dupree McBrayer(6'4" 175). I'm not saying he'll be as good as some of these players but seriously this isn't your grandpas BIG anymore.

Also Anyone remember Austin Hollins... In terms of length I think McBrayer reminds me of him. The two players move differently on the court though.

Enough with he BIG body for guards!!!! Carlos Morris, Travis Trice, Bryn Forbes, Melo Tremble(listed 6'2" 175), Vic law(6'7", 185), Jon Octeus(6'4" 170)... There are more but I got lazy. Then there is Dupree McBrayer(6'4" 175). I'm not saying he'll be as good as some of these players but seriously this isn't your grandpas BIG anymore.

Also Anyone remember Austin Hollins... In terms of length I think McBrayer reminds me of him. The two players move differently on the court though.

Agree and it's not like he won't put on any weight either

I know there has been a lot of criticism of Jarvis' senior performance, but you watch these videos and have to see that the competition just isn't anywhere close to keeping up with him. Both he and McBrayer have that look in their videos where they're just playing at a different speed and skill level than everyone else, and it just looks effortless. I have to think that they both have an extra gear that Pitino will tap into.

Nwankwo's video is a little monotonous the first time you watch it with a ton of low post and around the basket 2-handed dunking, but you have to be excited about a kid that cleans up everything around the basket and gets up quick and strong for high percentage shots.

Dorsey's upside is pretty obvious. I would imagine that everyone can see what the staff saw in his recruitment.

How about the mullet on the ref in Nwankwo's first video? Check out 1:20 for a good look.

Saw Jarvis play vs. CDH and he was the 6th best player on the court. Couldn't make a layup or a free throw. His shooting stroke needs work big time.

He has a good handle and great hops. Ideally a redshirt would be good for him but with what is coming back he will play.

I'll say this again, Dupree McBrayer is going to be the surprise of this class. This kid is effortless, has great handles, can drive it with great body control or shoot it from distance. Dupree will totally eclipse Austin's accomplishments in a couple of years.
The whole key is getting that athletic 6'8" forward that can shoot/score the basketball. And if I was one of those kids, looking at Minnesota, I'd jump at Pitino's offer because he'll get a ton of early playing time on a team with some great young pieces.

Can't disagree about Jarvis' offense but you have to think of him, I think, as a second point guard that can play important minutes without having to sacrifice playmaking, ballhandling ability. He probably won't ever be a primary scorer. We should have enough other guys to do that.

Saw Jarvis play vs. CDH and he was the 6th best player on the court. Couldn't make a layup or a free throw. His shooting stroke needs work big time.

He has a good handle and great hops. Ideally a redshirt would be good for him but with what is coming back he will play.

Basketball players don't redshirt unless there is really no way they'll see the floor (see Otto and EE freshman year). With only 2 guards returning no-one will redshirt. Also Jarvis' speed and handles means he wouldn't redshirt anyway.

With the NBA draft the way it is if you redshirt you are hurting your chances at a professional basketball career(even if you aren't there yet you might still dream of it and Jarvis is a lot closer to one than you or I ever got). Think of Jarvis as recruiting based on potential.

Oh I'd love to hear this list.

Let me guess; Rosga, Neumann, Gresham, Anim, and Collins or Mar all better players than Jarvis? Give me a break.

Thanks for the videos. I am getting more excited about this class. Love the kids that can handle the find open shooters. I think mcbrayor has the makings on being a big time player.

Well not only has Pitino not agreed with your analysis, neither did the head coaches at Cal, Clemson, Iowa State, Maryland, Michigan state, ucla, unlv, wisconsin, Wichita state. Jarvis has a huge and impressive scholarship offer list. Those other folks not so much.

Well not only has Pitino not agreed with your analysis, neither did the head coaches at Cal, Clemson, Iowa State, Maryland, Michigan state, ucla, unlv, wisconsin, Wichita state. Jarvis has a huge and impressive scholarship offer list. Those other folks not so much.

+1

Kudo's my man!!

Top Bottom