2015 College Basketball Transfer Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Syracuse sophomores B.J. Johnson and Ron Patterson are leaving the program and will look to transfer, multiple sources confirmed to ESPN.

Johnson, a 6-foot-7 forward, averaged 4.2 points and 3.2 rebounds this past season. Patterson, a 6-2 guard, averaged 2.6 points and 1.7 assists.

Patterson's AAU coach, Chris Hawkins, said the Indianapolis native would possibly look to move to a school closer to home.

Patterson originally signed with Indiana out of high school, but decided to do a post-grad year at Brewster Academy (N.H.) before heading to Syracuse.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...racuse-orange-losing-bj-johnson-ron-patterson

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Former #Gophers PF commit Alex Foster (who ended up following Tubby to #TexasTech) is transferring out of Texas Tech.— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) March 20, 2015

Ha

Obepka may not be back at St Johns. I know it'd be a long shot to get him here, but could you imagine Obepka and Boucher anchoring our zone?

For a blast from the past , Anders Broman is leaving SDSU. :)

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop 2m2 minutes ago

Providence forward Tyler Harris will graduate and transfer elsewhere for his final season of eligibility.

Worth a call? PF who averaged 10 and 4.

Worth a call, but hard to imagine why a Senior grad transfer would want to come to Minnesota in January to join a rebuilding project.

I can't imagine any reason. If you take the top 40 schools, he'll probably have offers from at least five or six of them.

Marcus Keene transfering out of Youngstown State, 6th leading scorer in the Horizon League as a sophomore in 2014-15.

“@GoodmanESPN: Pookie Powell and Nick King are transferring from Memphis, multiple sources told ESPN.”

“@jeffborzello: Drexel’s Damion Lee tells ESPN he plans to graduate in June and play elsewhere immediately next season. Averaged 21.4 points.”

Sorry to be "that" guy. The "any guy who transfers from Louisville could be a possibility for us" GHer. But I do feel it's worth mentioning that sharp shooting sophomore guard Anton Gill is transferring from Louisville seeking a larger role somewhere else. Wonder if this could be a fit for him? I imagine he would get 25 mins/game or so here. He sounds like a great kid too.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...9291/anton-gill-louisville-cardinals-transfer

Sorry to be "that" guy. The "any guy who transfers from Louisville could be a possibility for us" GHer. But I do feel it's worth mentioning that sharp shooting sophomore guard Anton Gill is transferring from Louisville seeking a larger role somewhere else. Wonder if this could be a fit for him? I imagine he would get 25 mins/game or so here. He sounds like a great kid too.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...9291/anton-gill-louisville-cardinals-transfer

Gill has shot the ball terribly for two years in college and Louisville would have had a lot of minutes at the guard sports available with both starters from last year now gone (one to the NBA and the other dismissed), yet he's still leaving. I don't really think a guy transferring from Papa Pitino would really want to play for his son unless their were some unusual circumstances involved. In a vacum, I am not sure a 6'3 two guard is a biggest enough need for the Gophers to take take a guy who has to tie up a scholarship for 3 years for 2 years of production.

The guy has been a scrub at a Louisville program that badly needs guys who can put the ball in the basket.

Louisville played a 7 guy rotation for a reason, and it wasn't be cause Pitino wanted to have his guys dog tired.

Top Bottom