2015 College Basketball Transfer Thread

Nebraska is losing Walter Pitchford. Sounds like he is giving up basketball with a year of eligibility left to concentrate on graduating. Also freshman guard Tarin Smith is going to transfer despite playing in all 31 games this last season and was expecting to start next year.

Freshman Josh Cunningham is transferring from Bradley. Minnesota was on his final list of 6 last year (I believe). Averaged 8 ppg, 7.5 rpg his freshman year, and would seem to be a rebounding PF this program so badly needs.

Freshman Josh Cunningham is transferring from Bradley. Minnesota was on his final list of 6 last year (I believe). Averaged 8 ppg, 7.5 rpg his freshman year, and would seem to be a rebounding PF this program so badly needs.

If we are going to use scholarships in the spring, I would use them on players like this. SF/PF as good or better, than what we can get in the fall.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bet we could come up with a scholarship for this guy too.

Not if he isn't willing to take the weight room seriously going forward. Guy's talented, but he's a stick. In the big ten, he'd get babied on a game by game basis by the other SFs.

Current top 20 transfers available (as of May 1, 2015) according to Jeff Goodman and Jeff Borzello

1. Sterling Gibbs, Seton Hall (eligible immediately)
2. Nigel Williams-Goss, Washington
3. Rasheed Sulaimon, Duke
4. Jonathan Williams III, Missouri
5. Terry Larrier, VCU (new yesterday, I believe -- former Gopher target)
6. Shaqquan Aaron, Louisville
7. Tyler Harris, Providence (eligible immediately)
8. Anton Grady, Cleveland State (eligible immediately)
9. Josh Cunningham, Bradley ***
10. Dylan Ennis, Villanova (eligible immediately)
11. Kyle Washington, NC State
12. Derrick Gordon, UMASS
13. Stanford Robinson, Indiana
14. Deandre Burnett, Miami
15. Anton Gill, Louisville
16. Ike Nwamu, Mercer (eligible immediately)
17. Andrew Rowsey, UNC Ashville
18. Eli Carter, Florida (eligible immediately)
19. Tomasz Gielo, Liberty (eligible immediately)
20. Marcquse Reed, Robert Morris

I only see the Gophers connected to Josh Cunnighman on this list. Terry Larrier is interesting because he just hit the list yesterday. Not really a position of need, however.

Larrier, I read, isn't transferring anywhere other than closer to home IF HE TRANSFERS. He has family issues he would like to attend to and may take some time off. Has also said he would be open to returning to VCU.

I thought we were after Washington too.

And Sulaimon is going to Maryland.

I thought we were after Washington too.

And Sulaimon is going to Maryland.

11. Kyle Washington, NC State -- Washington showed flashes of talent during his two seasons with the Wolfpack, but the emergence of other young big men limited his playing time. He will begin to take a closer look at schools after the semester. About 20 schools have reached out to him so far.

Can't play next season. We can only afford one of those.

Can't play next season. We can only afford one of those.

Yes, absolutely. Last year there were 13 scholarship players to start the season but only 9 active and surviving between the period of Martin's departure and Gaston's entry and Gaston was never fully serviceable during his first season. One never knows what can happen, so have as many active players as possible going into the season. Those wishing for another future open scholarship may get their wish anyway. If Buggs doesn't get enough playing time to suit him in the coming year, he may be in pretty fair candidate for a 5th year transfer.

So was Malik Rose.

There was a thread about how all of our transfers were from mid-majors like it was a bad thing. Was expressing fake outrage that UL took a transfer from Drexel.

Yes, absolutely. Last year there were 13 scholarship players to start the but only 9 active and surviving between the period of Martin's departure and Gaston's entry and Gaston was never fully serviceable during his first season. One never knows what can happen, so have as many active players as possible going into the season. Those wishing for another future open scholarship may get their wish anyway. If Buggs doesn't get enough playing time to suit him in the coming year, he may be in pretty fair candidate for a 5th year transfer.

If he is not going to get a lot game smarter, he should leave now. There is no place on the floor where not knowing what is going on works. The minute we have a healthy player with a clue, great athlete or not, Buggs will not play much. Seems like a great kid, but not that interested in bball.

If he is not going to get a lot game smarter, he should leave now. There is no place on the floor where not knowing what is going on works. The minute we have a healthy player with a clue, great athlete or not, Buggs will not play much. Seems like a great kid, but not that interested in bball.

As of this minute, we need him because he can play the 3 and 4. If Joey gets into early foul trouble, Buggs may well be a better option than Gaston.

Go Gophers!!

It's July 7 and very good players are still announcing they are transferring!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom