Top 7 plays should be:
#1 - Maxx Catch/Drag vs. Iowa
#2 - BBC late strip/fumble vs. Nebraska
#3 - Maxx Catch/Run/Hurdle TD vs. Missou
#4 - DeVondre Pick 6 vs. Michigan
#5 - Jalen Myrick late KO return TD vs. Northwestern
#6 - Cedrick Thompson late pick vs. Purdue
#7 - Ryan Santoso 52-yd FG vs. Purdue

Well crap. They substituted the Santoso FG for the Maye catch. Personally i thought the Santoso kick was a much bigger play, but i can see how they thought the Maye leap TD was a more exciting play.

The great thing isn't what plays make the top ten, but that there are enough of them, that we can legitimately argue over some that get left out. There are some past years that it would have been a stretch to pick 10.

It was a better pass from Leidner than play by Maye.

Heck, actually I could make a case for the Santoso FG to be the #1 overall play. Unlike the two Maxx catches, the Myrick TD or the BBC strip, this was really the only play were we were losing before the kick and winning after it. With the others we were either tied, the play only sealed the deal when we were already winning, we lost anyways or we would have won anyways. Plus it was a 52 yarder with under two minutes I believe.

It must have been photo shopped because it looked like a spiral.

Also enjoyed this ridiculous comment from a Hawkeye fan on Twitter.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

These are all great plays. I have lived through way too many seasons when we could not come up with a complete top ten list.

I'm going to take a very educated guess:

2. BBC's strip vs Nebraska
3. Maxx' double hurdle TD vs Mizzou

That makes 3 from the Homecoming game vs Purdue

3. Santoso's kick
5. Thompson's Int
6. Maye's dive

And with all those great plays we still had to score the last 10 points to win by 1. Just shows how competitive the B1G is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And with all those great plays we still had to score the last 10 points to win by 1. Just shows how competitive the B1G is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although, 2 of those plays are probably only in the top 10 precisely because we had a comeback, one-point win. Don't get me wrong, the Thompson INT and Santoso FG are both great plays, but if they're in the 2nd quarter of a random game they probably aren't top 10 like some others (e.g. the Maxx toe drag)

Still don't know how the Campbell Pick-6 against Michigan doesn't crack the top 10. Huge exciting play, broke the game open to win the jug. I think whoever put together the list simply forgot about it.

Still don't know how the Campbell Pick-6 against Michigan doesn't crack the top 10. Huge exciting play, broke the game open to win the jug. I think whoever put together the list simply forgot about it.

You have a point but it wasn't that long ago that we had to search hard to find 10 worthy plays.:rolleyes:

You have a point but it wasn't that long ago that we had to search hard to find 10 worthy plays.:rolleyes:
+1 it's nice to be in a position that there are additional play,s that you can debate that, they should have been included in the top 10.

I consider the Briean Boddy-Calhoun play against Nebraska the best Gopher play I have seen... ever!!!

As a alum from the days of the early 80's (I was a junior during 84-13 thumping), to physically rip the ball out of a Cornhusker's hands to clinch the game is unbelievable!

Top Bottom