All Things Theo John Recruiting Thread

I can see why Sims would be more likely, his dad played here and his brother played football here, he would be a legacy recruit. I would assume the team is recruiting John hard, due to all the un officials he has taken. They'll probably take the first one who is willing to commit between John and Sims. Be nice if they took three in the fall and then figured it out, but I doubt that will happen

<iframe src="http://content.jwplatform.com/players/TaQkUgZj-X5hJVYpo.html" width="720" height="406" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

Put me in the camp that still prefers Theo over Reuvers no matter what any of the rankings say.

<iframe src="http://content.jwplatform.com/players/TaQkUgZj-X5hJVYpo.html" width="720" height="406" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

Put me in the camp that still prefers Theo over Reuvers no matter what any of the rankings say.

Judging by the offers, most coaches would agree with you.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Looks like an LR for Little Rock.

If our doctors won't clear Jarvis to play because of a heart issue, how are they going to clear John, who appears to have a horrible case of spontaneous human combustion?

He must play drums for Spinal Tap!

I think he ends up at Oklahoma, we'll see though.

I think he ends up at Oklahoma, we'll see though.

I saw OU already signed a PF, probably doesn't matter depending on how many scholarships they have open. It seems like it'll be either Sims or John. I think Sims will be better long term, but in the short term I think John will be ready to play earlier because of his size.

Take Sims, John and Writlght.

I saw OU already signed a PF, probably doesn't matter depending on how many scholarships they have open. It seems like it'll be either Sims or John. I think Sims will be better long term, but in the short term I think John will be ready to play earlier because of his size.

Sign them both! They both have great names.

Sign them both! They both have great names.

I would love sign them both, and Wright/Washington, but we need a guard in this class and I get the feeling Pitino won't over sign. I also don't think the U would allow it either, as I can't think of a time where it happened. Tubby sort of did it, but the Busch was rewarded a scholarship after being a walk on, and I guess Chip was pushed out when Mbakwe received a sixth year

If our doctors won't clear Jarvis to play because of a heart issue, how are they going to clear John, who appears to have a horrible case of spontaneous human combustion?

HAHA! I read the first part of this post thinking that I was going to find out some horrible news about John, then ended up laughing out loud at work.

Nicely done!

Come on Minnesota kids turn this program in the right direction follow Coffey lead.

On his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie said: "I have someone very, very much in the know tell me he'd bet on Theo John committing to the Gophers."!!

http://www.1500espn.com/podcast-center/

Go Gophers!!

I'll wait for a credible sports journalist to make such a bold statement before getting too excited. If Wright and John are Golden as Doogie is speculating, Sims should be close behind you would think.

I'll wait for a credible sports journalist to make such a bold statement before getting too excited. If Wright and John are Golden as Doogie is speculating, Sims should be close behind you would think.

I know Doogie gets quite a bit a flack on this board, but hasn't he been almost spot on when it comes to Gophers recruiting?

Back to Theo, I thought I remember reading that he has younger siblings who are going into high school and being able to play in front of them and his family is important.

I know Doogie gets quite a bit a flack on this board, but hasn't he been almost spot on when it comes to Gophers recruiting?

Back to Theo, I thought I remember reading that he has younger siblings who are going into high school and being able to play in front of them and his family is important.

He was also the first high profile recruit to tell the recruiting guys (Monter, etc.) honestly that location didn't mean much to him and that he had to make a decision that was right for him no matter what local fans wanted him to do. Actually sounds honest and pretty mature, but typically not the kind of language us old guys are looking for out of a local recruit. Also suggests, if the commitment comes, Pitino did a really nice job recruiting him.

He was also the first high profile recruit to tell the recruiting guys (Monter, etc.) honestly that location didn't mean much to him and that he had to make a decision that was right for him no matter what local fans wanted him to do. Actually sounds honest and pretty mature, but typically not the kind of language us old guys are looking for out of a local recruit. Also suggests, if the commitment comes, Pitino did a really nice job recruiting him.

Or Doogie just set himself up to be right either way.

Or Doogie just set himself up to be right either way.

Yeah, look at how he words his takes.

Someone in the know would bet that Theo John goes here.

Is he saying 35% chance? (That'd still be the best bet)
75%
Nothing?

If you follow the nonsense Doogie spews out, you'll see him for what he is, a fraud. He doesn't have any connections except for a few agents who play him like a fiddle.

Top Bottom