All Things Theo John Recruiting Thread

Doogie is fine...don't take his scoops as gospel and you won't be let down. The Scoop podcast is a nice listen if you like rumors.

I tend to think when it comes to the recruiting stuff, that Doogie has no clue and that he lets his Gopher bias get in the way. He's a rube on the bit and wants the local kids perhaps more than anybody because he's a TV guy and the local kids staying home is adorable. He likes to think he knows these kids. Honestly I think his interviews with them are kind of painful because he just prods on and on about the Gophers and the kids have to keep dancing around the subject.

per Marcus:

Theo John and Jericho Sims, two of the state of Minnesota's top senior post players and Gophers targets, will be out of town this week on their official visits.

John, a 6-foot-9, 230-pound center/forward at Champlin Park, will travel Friday to visit California-Berkeley. Sims, a 6-9, 225-pound forward from Cristo Rey Jesuit School, is visiting Texas this weekend.

Both players have said they would like to make a decision before the high school season begins this fall.

"I know they were one of the later offers, but I got to know them really well," John said about the Golden Bears. "I'm looking forward to going on that visit and learning more about the program."

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...sims-visit-cal-and-texas-this-week/391331651/

Go Gophers!!

Sounds like Theo's visit to Marquette went very well. I think it'll take a strong sell from Pitino and Johnson this weekend to move him our way.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here is a direct link to the John Q&A:

When you were on campus at Marquette, did you hit it off with any of the guys there?

"Actually, Sacar (Anim) grew up down the street from me so we're really close. He's like an older brother to me so he kind of showed me around. Markus Howard, I'm familiar with him because of the EYBL circuit and we really kicked off. Sam Hauser, we also played last year on our high school teams, so I was familiar with him."

Who won that game?

"They won."

Did he bring that up or keep it quiet?

"He brought it up. Then when we were playing open gym I let him know after I got a few buckets on him, 'That was for Champlin.' Yeah, it was a good game. He's a good player."

You've taken your visits fairly early. Are you trying to make a decision relatively quickly even though you have plenty of time?

"My goal is to have a decision in about a month or so. I'm not going to pinpoint a date or say in a month I'm for sure going to have decided, but that's my goal."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...-discusses-official-visit-marquette/89937638/

Go Gophers!!

If Gopher fans have to choose between John in 17 and Oturu in 18, which one do they choose? It's hypothetical of course but which prospect is better?

Oturu without a doubt. Hes a more skilled player than John. Oturu isn't as physically developed as John , once that happens Oturu will definitely be the better player

Per Doogie, Theo John will make his college choice known tomorrow.

Four crystal ball predictions have flipped to Marquette last night and today. 55% Oklahoma, 27% Minnesota, 18% Marquette. I'd guess a lot will change in that regard between now and 5 tomorrow.

For what it's worth, Theo was on Doogie's podcast tonight and let it slip that after he announces he has an in home visit scheduled. I have no idea if that's good or bad for Minnesota. Maybe someone else has a theory.

For what it's worth, Theo was on Doogie's podcast tonight and let it slip that after he announces he has an in home visit scheduled. I have no idea if that's good or bad for Minnesota. Maybe someone else has a theory.

Marquette had at least an assistant coach visit John today. Don't know whether wojo was there or not

Anyone find it interest in Theo's tweet he says "our decision" not "decisions"?

If you really read into it you could say they are both making the same choice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Washington break the Theo news on Twitter?!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom