All Things Theo John Recruiting Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
With the news that we offered John tonight, it seems like a good time to get a thread started for his recruitment as it is likely to take off big time.

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I am not normally one to to look at hype and project what they might become in the future but I am convinced John is going to be an elite recruit. Good move by Pitino and the Gophers!

He is an impressive athlete and will only get better. I am very pleased to read that he now has a Gopher offer.

Good offer. Theo still has a ways to go, but he has a lot of potential. I like him a lot and was hoping UW would be his first offer. He is prone to foul trouble, often on silly fouls, but he has a big body and moves well, and also appears to have a nice shooting touch. I will be anxious to see how he develops in the coming years.

Reid Travis type of potential, he's got a ways to go on the offensive side of the ball but already pretty good defensively and rebounding the ball.

Like what I see and hope he is a gopher down the road!

He looks like the kind of PF Pitino has been dying to get. Glad we were the first to offer. Hope we get him.

Gotta be excited about this guy!

He is an impressive athlete and will only get better. I am very pleased to read that he now has a Gopher offer.

Theo can be a "big time" recruit!

He doesn't look like an elite jumper.

John to Mar comparisons?

Could someone who has seen them play a few times, compare Theo John and Gonar Mar?

Could someone who has seen them play a few times, compare Theo John and Gonar Mar?

Completely different players. John is more of the physical, strong, athletic type. Right now he plays more like a C than a PF. He is mainly a shot blocker, rebounder and most his scoring comes from dunks and back to the basket post moves. Mar is more of stretch 4 that can play from outside, knock down some threes, handle, and pass the ball. Mar isn't really the banger in the post right now, but he definitely is active on the boards. He can probably become a better rebounder with added strength

Not gonna lie, I thought Mar was a wing. Shows how little I know about these prospects right now.

Not gonna lie, I thought Mar was a wing. Shows how little I know about these prospects right now.

He can probably bounce in between the 3 and the 4. He plays mainly PF for DeLaSalle. I just picture him as a PF because I don't think he is quick enough to play the wing

I think of Mar as more of a 3. Think of a Luol Deng lite.

Top Bottom