Lineup Next Year

I would even say that Morris is a better option at point than Hoffarber was.

The biggest problem with Hoff playing PG was that it inhibited his own ability to get shots. I don't think Morris would let that stand in his way. :cool:

The biggest problem with Hoff playing PG was that it inhibited his own ability to get shots. I don't think Morris would let that stand in his way. :cool:

If it gets down to Morris playing PG next year for any length of time- then nothing will matter. It will be a tough season if there are injuries and it might be tough without.

My guess at the roster (we are already looking ridiculously thin):

PG - Mason / Dorsey
SG - Morris / McBrayer
SF - Murphy / Gilbert
PF - King / Buggs
C - Konate / Diedhiou

Redshirts: Lynch, Fitzgerald
Other: Johnson

Edit: Really, really hate to say it, but Lofton might get his shot now. We could probably use him at SG/SF.

My ideal lineup
Dorsey
Mason
Buggs
King
Konate
First 3of the bench murphy,mcbrayor, diehiou i really don't see Morris having much of a roll this year.

My ideal lineup
Dorsey
Mason
Buggs
King
Konate
First 3of the bench murphy,mcbrayor, diehiou i really don't see Morris having much of a roll this year.

We lose half of our scoring and you don't see a role for the guy who is our returning scoring leader?

There is only one positive from Jarvis' loss...It means Dupree McBrayer will see more playing time as a backup guard. I said it before, at 6'4", this lefty is silky smooth, can handle the ball, create his own shot off the dribble, and defend another shooting guard. He will be this year's Nate Mason, and probably the key to any success the Gophers will have.

There is only one positive from Jarvis' loss...It means Dupree McBrayer will see more playing time as a backup guard. I said it before, at 6'4", this lefty is silky smooth, can handle the ball, create his own shot off the dribble, and defend another shooting guard. He will be this year's Nate Mason, and probably the key to any success the Gophers will have.

+1

Just watched the late Feb. Wisco and Mich. State games, Morris was silky smooth.

Morris is a HUGE wild card next year. Eliminate his 4+ turnover games, keep his steal numbers up around the 2/game range and add 2 rebounds a game and he's going to be a big asset despite ho much some of the board wants to bench him.

Morris is a HUGE wild card next year. Eliminate his 4+ turnover games, keep his steal numbers up around the 2/game range and add 2 rebounds a game and he's going to be a big asset despite ho much some of the board wants to bench him.

Agree. Think Morris is going to take a major step up in his final season. The Michigan State game showed he has it in him, now's the hard part, doing it night in & night out with a bunch of inexperienced teammates around him.

Agree. Think Morris is going to take a major step up in his final season. The Michigan State game showed he has it in him, now's the hard part, doing it night in & night out with a bunch of inexperienced teammates around him.

I hear what you are saying but hopefully the newcomers make less mistakes and show more heart than the departed, making Morris
an all conference candidate. It's "in him".

I hear what you are saying but hopefully the newcomers make less mistakes and show more heart than the departed, making Morris an all conference candidate. It's "in him".

I think we are going to go undefeated next season.:)

My ideal lineup
Dorsey
Mason
Buggs
King
Konate
Morris will play a lot. Twenty minutes at the minimum. Buggs starting at the three ? or four for that matter?

Top Bottom