My worst sports nightmare is slowly coming true

I am surprised more people on the board are not rooting for the Badgers for the pride of the Big 10.
Hilarious. I am sure that if the shoe was on the other foot and the Gophers were the national championship contenders, there would be many Badger fans
rooting against them. Don't kid yourself.

Just when I think Wisconsin can't be any more lucky. Gasser steps out of bounds trying to save the ball....no call. Valentine is a dumbass and throws the ball away instead of hanging onto it and waiting to be fouled with only 15 seconds left and the 2 point lead. And Wisconsin had to commit about 5 fouls just to get MSU into the bonus. That would have eaten up so much clock.

But I will give Wisconsin credit. They almost always keep the game close so that one lucky play, one fortunate break can turn the game in their favor.

I keep reading about how bad the Big 10 was, meanwhile the Badgers have the 20th and 21st ranked schedule according to Sagarin and Pomeroy. If it was that bad, wouldn't their strength of schedule be much lower?

I am surprised more people on the board are not rooting for the Badgers for the pride of the Big 10.
Yeah, it'd be awesome if you and more of your brethren came here to boast about the results of sporting events that you played absolutely no role in to boost your fragile self esteem. Get bent.

Hilarious. I am sure that if the shoe was on the other foot and the Gophers were the national championship contenders, there would be many Badger fans
rooting against them. Don't kid yourself.

Just when I think Wisconsin can't be any more lucky. Gasser steps out of bounds trying to save the ball....no call. Valentine is a dumbass and throws the ball away instead of hanging onto it and waiting to be fouled with only 15 seconds left and the 2 point lead. And Wisconsin had to commit about 5 fouls just to get MSU into the bonus. That would have eaten up so much clock.

But I will give Wisconsin credit. They almost always keep the game close so that one lucky play, one fortunate break can turn the game in their favor.

It makes total sense. It's not like we're ever recruiting against the Badgers so them being successful only helps us. Oh wait.

Yeah, it'd be awesome if you and more of your brethren came here to boast about the results of sporting events that you played absolutely no role in to boost your fragile self esteem. Get bent.

I was thinking the same. I have no problems rooting for Big Ten teams in the tournament. I wish the absolute best for MSU, OSU, Maryland, etc. Shoot, I even won't cheer against Iowa. But I'm not going to cheer for a team whose fans who need such constant validation that they spend disturbing amounts of time on rival fan forums.

I keep reading about how bad the Big 10 was, meanwhile the Badgers have the 20th and 21st ranked schedule according to Sagarin and Pomeroy. If it was that bad, wouldn't their strength of schedule be much lower?

So let me get this straight...on the day of the Big Ten Championship, and Selection Sunday, you woke up and thought...hmmm, I'm curious what Gopher fans are talking about today. Is that how it went or do you just automatically come here every day regardless?

Go Gophers!!

I have zero confidence that Arizona is going to beat the Vagers. I maintain that Kentucky is our only hope to knock them out.

I have zero confidence that Arizona is going to beat the Vagers. I maintain that Kentucky is our only hope to knock them out.
North Carolina should have took care of wisconsin tonight but blew it I like Arizona's chances against wisconsin.

You knew a Roy Williams team would crap the bed at the end. I did see the ultimate closet queen Andy North proudly wearing his Badger red.

Prepare to hear this from Badger fans for eternity: "We'd have been back-to-back champs if it wasn't for that sleazeball Cheater Cal and his Cats."

Nothing red is off limits especially after the comment North made about Tom Lehman after he won the Charles Schwab cup for the second time. The guy is a total tool.

Of course nothing about the skunks is off limits. Better dead than red.

AZ can do it. Definitely.

I'm just more and more upset about why we can't have success like this. There is no reason for it.

AZ can do it. Definitely.

I'm just more and more upset about why we can't have success like this. There is no reason for it.

AZ can beat them. Great point guard and lots of tall talented players.

Arizona does not have enough shooters to beat UW. the biggest difference between UW and Minnesota is Bo Ryan. you have to hit the grand slam home run hire

Arizona does not have enough shooters to beat UW.

Agree.

UNC was more of a threat to the Badgers than Arizona. And as good as T.J. McConnell is, and as much pub as he gets, Gasser is every bit as good of a guard. 'Zona's best chance is for McConnell to completely outplay Gasser, but I just don't see that happening. I expect Gasser to win that battle, and the Badgers' frontcourt is just so darn talented & versatile. Maybe most importantly, the Badgers play with unwavering poise. ... they never get rattled. If Arizona wins I'll be very surprised.

Every time Wisconsin does well, it makes me angrier at our athletics department. A comparable university, our rival, in the same conference, both upper Midwest teams, and they took the steps forward they did while we were stuck in neutral at best and reverse most of the time. I agree with those saying that UNC was more likely to knock off Wisconsin than Arizona.

North Carolina should have took care of wisconsin tonight but blew it I like Arizona's chances against wisconsin.

That outcome is bitterly disappointing to me. One, it essentially knocked me out of my pool. Second, the skunks are one win away from back-to-back Final 4's. One FF is one thing, but two straight! I would feel like killing myself.

Refresh my memory.

It was on the Golf Channel. Lanny Watkins was giving a recap on the back to back Schwaub titles and the fact that Lehman is the only player to be named Player of the Year on all three tours. North chimed in and said something along the lines of. " Well yes Lanny, but this won't get him into the
Golf Hall of Fame. Other than the British Open he didn't win much on the PGA. You need 15 wins world wide to be eligible for the GHOF" Watkins looked at him like WTF! The guy is a total tool and won't play on the Seniors Tour because he doesn't like the format of interacting with the fans.

That outcome is bitterly disappointing to me. One, it essentially knocked me out of my pool. Second, the skunks are one win away from back-to-back Final 4's. One FF is one thing, but two straight! I would feel like killing myself.
I'm in the same spot had North Carolina going to the Final Four and Wichita State winning last night as well if those happened I would have had a chance in my pool but instead I'm out and just hoping Arizona takes care of wisconsin.

It was on the Golf Channel. Lanny Watkins was giving a recap on the back to back Schwaub titles and the fact that Lehman is the only player to be named Player of the Year on all three tours. North chimed in and said something along the lines of. " Well yes Lanny, but this won't get him into the
Golf Hall of Fame. Other than the British Open he didn't win much on the PGA. You need 15 wins world wide to be eligible for the GHOF" Watkins looked at him like WTF! The guy is a total tool and won't play on the Seniors Tour because he doesn't like the format of interacting with the fans.

Lehman's 198th in career PGA Tour wins! C'mon Andy!!

UNC had a better shot and could very well have pulled it out if not for the crazy-insane-rigged call against UNC in the last minute and the no call a few minutes earlier. Seeing Bo furiously clapping at that last call in his typical A$$hole fashion was about right. Biggest jerk in the business.

Arizona is not as good, but they sure are gritty, so maybe they win an ugly one. One can hope.

Arizona is better than UNC (to the last poster's point). That's why Arizona is favored and UNC was a 6 point dog. I'd say going into the tournament most people had Arizona and Wisconsin basically even at the 3rd-5th best team range.

UNC gave it a hell of a shot. Their weakness is 3-point shooting and they shot out of their minds (73% the announcer said right before 2 desperation misses) and they still lost. Painful finish.

UNC had a better shot and could very well have pulled it out if not for the crazy-insane-rigged call against UNC in the last minute and the no call a few minutes earlier. Seeing Bo furiously clapping at that last call in his typical A$$hole fashion was about right. Biggest jerk in the business.

Arizona is not as good, but they sure are gritty, so maybe they win an ugly one. One can hope.

Which was the rigged call? I want to make sure the right ref gets the check.

Which was the rigged call? I want to make sure the right ref gets the check.

The night before an Elite 8 game and this guy cares what Gopher fans are saying about Wisconsin! Wow.

Go Gophers!!

Pat Richter and the administration and very generous boosters made the decision to get the Kohl Center built and to hire a master builder of terrible programs, Dick Bennett. When he left behind a final 4 he left his son to stay on the next staff and they hired a proven winner, Bo Ryan

Pat Richter and the administration and very generous boosters made the decision to get the Kohl Center built and to hire a master builder of terrible programs, Dick Bennett. When he left behind a final 4 he left his son to stay on the next staff and they hired a proven winner, Bo Ryan

Who are you talking to?

Top Bottom