My worst sports nightmare is slowly coming true

WindyCityGopher

Reaction score
A Wisconsin team has a very legitimate chance to win a national championship. They are white-hot and playing great basketball at the right time. We'll see how the brackets lay out tomorrow, but I sincerely believe Kentucky is the only team that can beat them.

A Wisconsin team has a very legitimate chance to win a national championship. They are white-hot and playing great basketball at the right time. We'll see how the brackets lay out tomorrow, but I sincerely believe Kentucky is the only team that can beat them.

Considering Duke beat them at Wisconsin already I think Duke can too. Wisconsin has beaten two teams that were ranked when they played them. In comparison, Duke has beaten 6. Wisconsin is very good, but their schedule (thanks to the B1G) has been pretty soft.

There is as much parody in college basketball as there ever has been. Remember this time lost to Rutgers. I could see them having a tough time with a team like Iowa St.

Wisconsin's one weakness is their lack of depth.

There is as much parody in college basketball as there ever has been. Remember this time lost to Rutgers. I could see them having a tough time with a team like Iowa St.

Wisconsin's one weakness is their lack of depth.

COLLEGE BASKETBALL IS NOT A PARODY!!!

Are they going to get Jackson back? Will that make them deeper or screw up their chemistry?

I was thinking in the early going of the Maryland / Mich St game that Maryland could give Kentucky a very tough game ... Maryland looked that good. And has looked strong enough all season to cause Kentucky problems. Not so sure now after Mich St took them apart at the end of the game. Duke I think has the best chance to beat Kentucky, but they (Jahlil) have to make FT's (even though that doesn't matter) to have a chance against Kentucky.

I put a bunch of $ on Wiscy to win it all weeks ago. Kiss of death. They are not winning it.

They'll lose to Oklahoma or someone similar in the Sweet 16. There's no way in heck they'd beat Kentucky.

They'll lose to Oklahoma or someone similar in the Sweet 16. There's no way in heck they'd beat Kentucky.

30 teams you could have chosen and you picked one that Wisconsin already beat on a neutral court.

They've never experienced foul trouble... If they can stay out of that they will be tough to beat. But I don't think uk is the only squad fit to bear them, I think Maryland is a very good matchup for them. And there are a lot of marylands out there. Virginia would give them a tough time.

Look on the bright side: if WI can win the tourney, so can MN. Theoretically.

No truly dominant team this year (UK is vulnerable too). WI could win it all or get knocked out in Round 2 or 3.

Or round one

Look on the bright side: if WI can win the tourney, so can MN. Theoretically.

No truly dominant team this year (UK is vulnerable too). WI could win it all or get knocked out in Round 2 or 3.

Two 15 seeds won in 2012 and two more won in 2013.

Just takes 1 hot team. Best part about the tourney. With that said... I see them making a pretty deep run, I see another final 4 exit.

Look on the bright side: if WI can win the tourney, so can MN. Theoretically. No truly dominant team this year (UK is vulnerable too). WI could win it all or get knocked out in Round 2 or 3.

I can't agree there is no dominant team. They may have flaws (every team does) but UK is 33-0, a team made up only of their bench players would likely finish top 4 in the B1G at the worst. Kentucky is really really good.

The bright side to Wisconsin getting a 1 seed is they could then be the first to lose to a 16 :)

It's really hard to get to back to back final fours. Too many flukey things can happen. The 4 best teams usually aren't the last 4 standing.

I think there are a number of teams that would have looked just as impressive as Wisconsin had they played in the B1G this year. It will be interesting to see Wisconsin match up with a team that has a big that can hold Kaminsky down.

As pointed out previously on this thread and what I have pointed out to some of my Vadger friends, their lack of depth/bench scoring has to be a concern. An athletic, rebounding team will give them trouble. A team like UNC who likes to go inside and bang for offensive rebounds could give them trouble, particularily if they get Kaminsky, Dekker or Hayes in foul trouble. Who do they turn to then?

They are worthy of a 1 seed, but everyone, at this point is beatable. Every team has a weakness.

I can't agree there is no dominant team. They may have flaws (every team does) but UK is 33-0, a team made up only of their bench players would likely finish top 4 in the B1G at the worst. Kentucky is really really good.

Agreed here. You know the 'no great teams this year' cliche has jumped the shark when you're saying it in a year with a 33-0 team. I'd also add that seven of the eight 1 and 2 seeds will have 4 or fewer losses. This year is as top-heavy in college hoops as we've seen in a long time.

Teams with quickness on the wings and that can drive the seams will beat Becky. Iowa State, Notre Dame, Arizona, etc. The B1G was crap this year. Becky caught a break with most of the league being down.

I keep reading about how bad the Big 10 was, meanwhile the Badgers have the 20th and 21st ranked schedule according to Sagarin and Pomeroy. If it was that bad, wouldn't their strength of schedule be much lower?

I am surprised more people on the board are not rooting for the Badgers for the pride of the Big 10.

I keep reading about how bad the Big 10 was, meanwhile the Badgers have the 20th and 21st ranked schedule according to Sagarin and Pomeroy. If it was that bad, wouldn't their strength of schedule be much lower?

I am surprised more people on the board are not rooting for the Badgers for the pride of the Big 10.

This isn't the SEC big ten fans actually hate their rivals

Wisconsin played a bunch of teams between 50 and 150. The trick to the RPI is not having played any teams above 250 and Wisconsin only had 2 of those. Only a 1 other above 200. None of this means the Big Ten was good. Big Ten is certainly still a better conference than the WCC or A10 or something, but it was down from where it's been the last 5 years.

But ruppert's argument is a bit silly in that the SEC is even worse and I'm guessing he's not predicting an early flameout for Kentucky. I also like his choice of Arizona considering the Pac 12 was the worst of the Power 5.

Agreed here. You know the 'no great teams this year' cliche has jumped the shark when you're saying it in a year with a 33-0 team. I'd also add that seven of the eight 1 and 2 seeds will have 4 or fewer losses. This year is as top-heavy in college hoops as we've seen in a long time.

Couldn't agree more. Right now, the Vegas Power Ratings have Kentucky as a minimum of a 6 point favorite over anyone that they could play.

As we all know the Big Dance is all about money. How soon till the champ game becomes best of 3 games?

I'm pulling for the Big Ten.

Our guys in the NIT

Our gals in the NCAA

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Yeah, I can't understand why we wouldn't be cheering for our biggest rival, especially when that program has been significantly better than ours.

So they can't review that but they can take five minutes to add .4 seconds to the clock? Did we think it would go any differently?

Wisky is a good team. I could probably say that they are a great team. When it comes down to it.......they will lose to a more athletic team. Hell....they would have lost this game in regulation if the refs called whats his face out of bounds with less than a minute left.

Top Bottom