USCHO: Four teams go into final weekend within a game of first place in the Big Ten

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per USCHO:

It all comes down to this. Really. And heading into the last weekend of regular season play, suddenly my midseason prediction for Michigan State’s postseason hopes doesn’t seem so farfetched. The Spartans are in first place with 34 points, a single point ahead of both Michigan and Minnesota, and three points ahead of Penn State.

That’s a single game separating first place from fourth, with the regular season championship within the grasp of four teams.

To say that I am surprised would be an understatement.

“Well, I’m not surprised,” said Michigan coach Red Berenson, a man who knows more about hockey than most people on the planet and knows more about nearly anything than I do, and whose Wolverines will finish the season with a home-and-home series against the Spartans.

“I thought that Minnesota would be the team to beat and they still might be,” said Berenson, “but at least they didn’t run away with it.

“You knew that Michigan State would be better. I thought that Wisconsin would be in the mix. Who’s the surprise team? It’s hard to say, but Penn State comes to mind.”

http://www.uscho.com/2015/03/11/fou...-within-a-game-of-first-place-in-the-big-ten/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom