FSN: Gophers seniors look to close out time at Mariucci with important wins

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

For the six seniors on the Gophers men's hockey team, this weekend marks the last two games they'll play at Mariucci Arena. Given what's at stake on Friday and Saturday, though, those seniors haven't had much time to reflect on their final home series.

Minnesota is on the bubble of making the NCAA tournament one year after making it all the way to the NCAA championship game. The Gophers can possibly win the Big Ten's regular-season title this weekend with a sweep of Penn State, but they could also seal their postseason fate if things don't go well.

Because of all that, forward Travis Boyd and his fellow seniors haven't had a chance to reflect on playing at Mariucci for one final weekend.

"I think Sam Warning yesterday in practice said, 'Last week of practice in Mariucci.' I hadn't thought about it before then," Boyd said Wednesday. "Not really thinking about it, I guess, which is good and bad. It should be fun. Hopefully we can close it out with two wins for the seniors."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...t-time-at-mariucci-with-important-wins-031115

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom