2015 Coaching Depatures Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
It's that time of year again.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

HoBoy, Bleed.

You have started a new thread that is going to be interesting.

Be prepared for a million comments forthcoming that will drop names and result in multitides of head shaking concussions.

How will tinyarch incorporate the Holy Bible into this thread?

As The GopherHole Turns. This should be a great soap opera. :cool02::cool02::cool02:

I suspect Brian Gregory (Georgia Tech) may be joining this list shortly, maybe even by the end of the day.

“@GoodmanESPN: Nevada coach David Carter told ESPN he has been let go.”

don't have a link but I saw Jerome Allen was let go by Penn

“@byDavidGardner: Alabama announces it has fired coach Anthony Grant.”

“@byDavidGardner: Alabama announces it has fired coach Anthony Grant.”

Perhaps that should make Alabama less likely to be selected for the NIT and possibly improve our chances.

“@GoodmanESPN: On a side note, Charlotte has parted ways with coach Alan Major, sources told ESPN.”

No bid. Oh well. If Pitino goes to Alabama just burn it all down.

I think Alabama fans would feel the exact same way too. Firing a coach who has an NIT title and NCAA appearance for one with an NIT title and a declined CBI invite would be pretty interesting.

I think Alabama fans would feel the exact same way too. Firing a coach who has an NIT title and NCAA appearance for one with an NIT title and a declined CBI invite would be pretty interesting.

Alabama did not win the NIT under this coach. They made the final but lost (to Wichita State I believe).

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

per ESPN:

Fordham has fired head coach Tom Pecora.

Pecora, 57, has been with the Rams for five seasons. Since taking over, Fordham is just 44-86 overall and 13-69 in the Atlantic 10. The team finished better than last place in the conference standings twice during Pecora's tenure, including this season.

This season, the Rams finished 10-21 overall and 12th in the A-10. The school made an announcement on Wednesday.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-co...om-pecora-fired-fordham-rams-basketball-coach

Go Gophers!!

Will we get a Pitino has reached out to Mississippi State tweet from someone?

per CBS:

Former UCLA coach Ben Howland in discussions with Mississippi State

Former UCLA coach Ben Howland has developed into a serious candidate to replace Rick Ray at Mississippi State, a source told CBSSports.com on Sunday.

A source told CBSSports.com Mississippi State AD Scott Stricklin knew Howland was a possibility when he fired Ray after three seasons on Saturday. Howland's initial preference this offseason, sources said, was to maybe land at UNLV. But that opportunity never presented itself because UNLV is giving Dave Rice at least one more season.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...howland-in-discussions-with-mississippi-state

Go Gophers!!

Howland would be a HR for Mississippi State.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom