CBJ Fan Reilly/Collins

Bob72

Reaction score
how has Ryan Collins looked this year? i remember before the year alot thought he would just RS but he seems to be getting PT recentley. Also anyone hearing what are the chance Reilly actually signs with the Jackets?

Collins looked really lanky and awkward at the start of the season. He's definitely gotten better as the season has progressed, though. He's a pretty smart player, but has made his fair share of freshman mistakes. I've noticed him more than other defensemen (and my metric is generally the more I notice a D-man, the worse they are), but I think that's mostly because he's gigantic.

As far as Reilly goes, I'd be shocked if he stuck around for next year. He definitely seems ready for the next level.

I'd also be surprised to see another year of Reilly. As for Collins, he makes some freshman mistakes, but not as many as the senior Ben Marshal.

Reilly I would say is easily the best skating D man in the country right now (college). If he decides to come back it would be a really surprising turn and the only way I could see it is if CBJ tells him to come back to school. I'd expect him to sign and to play in the league next year.

Collins has had his moments, both good and bad. Given 2 more years at the collegiate level and a chance for his body to fill out, I think he could be a lock down defenseman. Really excited about this kid progressing. Has great poise (that's developed some now) for a young guy. Doesn't seem to get rattled easily. Should be a good one as well.

Reilly becomes a free agent on April 12th.

If I were him, I would wait it out to free agency.

Reilly becomes a free agent on April 12th.

If I were him, I would wait it out to free agency.

Wrong. CBJ owns him until June 1st or July 1st (cant remember which) and even then as a FA he still cant sign for more than his ELC 925K

Report came out today he's been talking with Ryan Murray and Ryan Johansen alot recentley so it sounds like he's going to sign

Some Rumblings the Blue Jackets will file tampering charges if Reilly spurns the Blue Jackets for the Wild, who Reillys father is a part owner of. Reilly can not talk to his dad about the Wild as i understand it and doing so could result in loss of a high draft pick (including the first rounder)

Reilly can not talk to his dad about the Wild as i understand it and doing so could result in loss of a high draft pick

Fortunately for Columbus, the NSA is probably busy spying on the Reillys, you know, in between going after all those terrorists. LOL.

Some Rumblings the Blue Jackets will file tampering charges if Reilly spurns the Blue Jackets for the Wild, who Reillys father is a part owner of. Reilly can not talk to his dad about the Wild as i understand it and doing so could result in loss of a high draft pick (including the first rounder)

You can file all the charges you want, but for anything to stick they'd have to actually have EVIDENCE of tampering. Doubtful you'll see that. Reilly might be better just signing with Columbus and then coming to the Wild when that deal ends.

Fortunately for Columbus, the NSA is probably busy spying on the Reillys, you know, in between going after all those terrorists. LOL.

Yeah how dare the Blue Jackets be ok with a good prospect leaving without getting anything in return, LOL!

You can file all the charges you want, but for anything to stick they'd have to actually have EVIDENCE of tampering. Doubtful you'll see that. Reilly might be better just signing with Columbus and then coming to the Wild when that deal ends.

Which would be very easy to prove, if either he or his father lies they go to jail for perjury considering tampering charges are usually worked out through a judge/court system at some point in the NHL. Not very doubtful at all, not as much as Reilly leaving the CBJ for Minnesota anyway since he would still have to sign a 3 year deal and the CBJ have the much brighter future.

Which would be very easy to prove, if either he or his father lies they go to jail for perjury considering tampering charges are usually worked out through a judge/court system at some point in the NHL. Not very doubtful at all, not as much as Reilly leaving the CBJ for Minnesota anyway since he would still have to sign a 3 year deal and the CBJ have the much brighter future.

Wait, are you saying CBJ has brighter future than the Wild?

Yeah, that's...really, really wrong.

Thank you for saying this, because when I first read that I was dumbfounded beyond words. Columbus looks to be in a good position to challenge for a playoff spot soon, but the Wild look to be real Stanley Cup contenders now and into the future.

As far as the Reilly situation goes, although I loved watching him play for the Gophers, I don't know how excited I'd be to see him sign with the Wild. They already have a guy a lot like him in Matt Dumba, though Reilly is more slick with the puck IMO. You can only have so many offensive minded defensemen. Besides Dumba, they also have a pair of former Gopher D-men that were excellent college puck movers with Leopold and Ballard. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be cool if he somehow ended up here, just that I'm not waiting on edge to see what happens with him. Honestly I'd be fine if he ended up in Columbus, in the eastern conference, and became a solid player for them just like Paul Martin and Alex Goligoski.

Wait, are you saying CBJ has brighter future than the Wild?

Yeah I don't get the idea of the CBJ having a brighter future as a team. Reilly probably has a brighter future if he signs with them in the instance that he'd probably crack the lineup there as a rookie where as going to Minny will probably leave him in the AHL for the next 2-3 years minimum

Top Bottom