All Things 2018 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Land Thompson, Jones, Hurt and Oturo and these guys could do anything here that you could do elsewhere. It would be great to see a group like that come together to win a championship or two here.

I like the way you think...POLLYANNA!!!

Who is Pitino going after hard with 5 scholarships in this class?

1. Oturo
2. Jones
3. Thompson
4. Kaleseur
5. ???????

Could he get a Minnesota version of a Fab 5?

Who is Pitino going after hard with 5 scholarships in this class?

1. Oturo
2. Jones
3. Thompson
4. Kaleseur
5. ???????

Could he get a Minnesota version of a Fab 5?

Seven kids on the East Coast that Kimani has known since they were babies? Those are the guys we always overlook and, it seems, the guys we end up signing more often than not.

Who is Pitino going after hard with 5 scholarships in this class? 1. Oturo 2. Jones 3. Thompson 4. Kaleseur 5. ??????? Could he get a Minnesota version of a Fab 5?

Moses Brown
Sid Wilson
Adam Trapp

For me the dream class is Tre, Kolausher, Sidney Wilson, Thompson and Oturu will call it the Pitino 5 lol. In all seriousness if we landed three of these guys I would be very happy with this class

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Per a tweet from Ryan James, Minnesota offered Green yesterday during his visit.

I saw Green play a couple times this summer and came away impressed. He is a part of a really good AAU team (16U Iowa Barnstormers) and he clearly knows how to play. Very good shooter and very solid floor general from the PG spot. He is not very big and would not be a great athlete at the Big 10 level, but he is very skilled. I was guessing Northern Iowa for him, as his dad is an assistant there, and because I think he'd be a great player at that level. I will be very interested to see what happens with his recruitment now that he has a high major offer.

He does look like a really good shooter. With 5 scholarships in 2018, why not offer this kid. We could use more shooters and Pitino seems to go after PGs in every recruiting cycle.

Jones ain't coming here, not even a sliver of a chance. Give up the dream.

I mean I'm not counting on it, but it's been said he'd at least have a little interest if Tyus is still with the Wolves, which is obviously no guarantee since Tre's commitment is still probably 9+ months away. The staff hasn't given up on him yet for one reason or another.

Isaiah Washington doing more work on the recruiting trail for us with his high school teammate and 4-star forward Sid Wilson.

Pardon my optimism for a moment, but is it ridiculous to think that if this team keeps progressing and ends up overachieving at the end of the season we could see a recruiting haul like we've not seen since the days of Mychal Thompson and Kevin McHale?

For the 2018 recruiting class, we will likely have at least 4, if not more scholarships available. Is it impossible that Moses Brown might want to play for an up-and-coming team that will feature NYC's best point guard next year? Perhaps Isaiah Washington's former teammate Sydney Wilson (who's now playing at Mo Walker's alma mater) would like to catch lobs from his old teammate? Legacy recruit Race Thompson (LOVE the Jonny Quest connection) would bring more versatility, athleticism and length to the squad. Daniel Oturu, who may be the top priority in this class, looks like a guy who's just starting to scratch the surface of his potential. Gabe Kalscheur looks like the knock-down shooter every team covets. Not to mention that Tre Jones may choose his own path despite most assertions that he's Duke-bound. I would be ecstatic with any four of these guys.

Even if we miss out on our top targets, Esko's Adam Trapp could be an interesting guy to develop at 7'2" and I see that we're in on A.J. Green from Cedar Falls, IA.

Again, we need to exceed expectations this year to have a legitimate chance at grabbing a bunch of top recruits, but it doesn't feel as impossible as it did 6 months ago. (Did I forget to mention that Matthew Hurt is waiting in the wings for 2019?) That could be a team for the ages. However unlikely, it's not impossible. Now, more than ever, we need Coach Pitino to help our team take the next step. If he can, the sky's the limit.

POLLYANNA!!!

Pardon my optimism for a moment, but is it ridiculous to think that if this team keeps progressing and ends up overachieving at the end of the season we could see a recruiting haul like we've not seen since the days of Mychal Thompson and Kevin McHale?

For the 2018 recruiting class, we will likely have at least 4, if not more scholarships available. Is it impossible that Moses Brown might want to play for an up-and-coming team that will feature NYC's best point guard next year? Perhaps Isaiah Washington's former teammate Sydney Wilson (who's now playing at Mo Walker's alma mater) would like to catch lobs from his old teammate? Legacy recruit Race Thompson (LOVE the Jonny Quest connection) would bring more versatility, athleticism and length to the squad. Daniel Oturu, who may be the top priority in this class, looks like a guy who's just starting to scratch the surface of his potential. Gabe Kalscheur looks like the knock-down shooter every team covets. Not to mention that Tre Jones may choose his own path despite most assertions that he's Duke-bound. I would be ecstatic with any four of these guys.

Even if we miss out on our top targets, Esko's Adam Trapp could be an interesting guy to develop at 7'2" and I see that we're in on A.J. Green from Cedar Falls, IA.

Again, we need to exceed expectations this year to have a legitimate chance at grabbing a bunch of top recruits, but it doesn't feel as impossible as it did 6 months ago. (Did I forget to mention that Matthew Hurt is waiting in the wings for 2019?) That could be a team for the ages. However unlikely, it's not impossible. Now, more than ever, we need Coach Pitino to help our team take the next step. If he can, the sky's the limit.

POLLYANNA!!!

#WhyNotUs

How have we not offered Adam Trapp yet?? he's 7-2 and from Minnesota. We lose Lynch and Donate after next year and don't have a big in the 2017 class, we need some size.

POLLYANNA!!!
. I am thinking similar thoughts. A lot of threads have to keep touching. The biggest X factor is how to the younger roster players develop this year. That is on Pitino and it is more so on them individually . If the youngsters thrive, then look out.

How have we not offered Adam Trapp yet?? he's 7-2 and from Minnesota. We lose Lynch and Donate after next year and don't have a big in the 2017 class, we need some size.

We're after some higher rated big men in Daniel Oturu and Moses Brown.

Top Bottom