All Things 2018 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Hedstrom is just a body, nothing special there.

Zegarowski talks top four

As one of the tougher and more productive point guards left uncommitted in the 2018 class, Marcus Zegarowski drew a lot of attention from college coaches during the month of July. Now he is down to four schools.

"I am down to Creighton, Minnesota, Ohio State, and Washington," said Zegarowski.

About the decision to cut it down to four, he said, "I don’t think it was that difficult. The four schools had been recruiting me pretty hard. I had good relationships with all of the coaches, and I just decided to narrow things down."

Zegarowski then broke down why each school made it onto his top four.

Creighton: Creighton has a great fan base. They fill their arena and Coach (Greg) McDermott and Coach Preston (Murphy) have been recruiting me hard since the high school season. Also I really like the team. They are great guys, and I think that their play style fits me and my game.

Minnesota: Minnesota is a winning program. They are coming up right now, and Coach (Richard) Pitino is a really good coach. Also Coach Kimani Young knows my dad really well, and they were the first high-major program to offer me. I haven’t taken a visit there, but I really like the program and it is a guard oriented place.

Ohio State: At Butler they were recruiting me some. I had a relationship with Coach (Ryan) Pedon, and I saw how they used their guards at Butler and I liked it. Also Ohio State is a really nice program, and they are in need of a guard, which means I could come in and play right away.

Washington: Coach (Mike) Hopkins came from Syracuse and recruited my brother (Michael Carter-Williams) who had a great experience. Coach Hop is like family to me, and he offered me right as he got the job. I’ve taken a visit there and I liked it. I know it is his first year and that he will have the program going.

For now Zegarowski says he isn't sure of any future visits, and he doesn't plan on waiting around to make a decision.

"I’m not sure about any other visits yet," explained Zegarowski. "We’ll see in a few weeks if I make any other visits. I want to commit as early possible so I don’t know yet."

http://scout.com/college/basketball...-talks-about-his-final-four-schools-105932284

Go Gophers!!

We should have our fourth and final recruit within the next 2 weeks. Even if it isn't Tre.

But but but RJ says he's a bigger body than Oturu and thus more physical! We have to listen to him!

I hope your joking. I watched those 2 vs each other at the Breakdown & Hedstrom didn't appear to be more physical in any way possible. Ryan James must have had 1 too many

PG A.J. Green commits to Northern Iowa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Telling, in how good BCS Division 1 is. A guy that good goes to UNI. Wow. I know his dad is there, but...wow!

It's been expected for months.

And UNI is better than you think. Actually, nowadays if you go through the top-150 rankings (Green varies from 80ish to around 120 on the various sites) you'd be surprised at the number of guys committing to non-P5 schools in basketball. There are more than a handfull.

We should have our fourth and final recruit within the next 2 weeks. Even if it isn't Tre.

Are you spitballing or is this based on something you know and we don't? Because there haven't been any public reports of visits set yet.

A friend of mine thinks Garland might come to Mn if Tre chooses Duke on Sunday? What a twist of events if Garland comes hear and wins a National Championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you spitballing or is this based on something you know and we don't? Because there haven't been any public reports of visits set yet.

I think he's just making a guess, but for what it's worth, Eric Hunter has already visited here unofficially, and Zegarowski said he might not even bother taking his official visits.

Garland has said he could play with Tre at Duke. Otherwise he has 10 very successful programs he is picking from. Indiana has really picked up ground and Kentucky has had him on camous twice.

In the new scout rankings Daniel Oturu is up to #35, Gabe is #107 and Jarvis is #155

Other targets: Jared Butler #76, Nate Hinton #92, Eric Hunter #110

http://www.scout.com/Season/2018-Basketball/ScoutRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Interesting to see the WI kids on there - Hauser at 36 and Herro at 39. If Becky would've gotten both of'em that would've been a helluva combo. Sneaky good talent in that state as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the Gophers have a offer out to Butler ? He has picked up a handful of very strong offers.

Do the Gophers have a offer out to Butler ? He has picked up a handful of very strong offers.
They do but he has cut his list to 6 and the Gophers weren't on it. Alabama, Baylor, USC, Texas, Virginia, and Wichita State I believe.

Not sure where we sit with him but Nate Hinton would be the perfect last piece to this class. 6'6 combo guard that scores with ease and looks like he has real potential as a shooter and as a defender. I think we'll see McBrayer's true value this season and having his replacement in a year in before he graduates would be ideal. I hope we can get him on a visit.

So, who will be the next top point guard to sign with the Gophers?

I'm just saying that with Tre out of the way, and a solid recruiting class already, this spot should fill fast.

So, who will be the next top point guard to sign with the Gophers?

Purdue and Butler are the leaders, but Xavier would be as well if they decided to push for it. I don't think there's much of a left over percentage beyond that

Purdue and Butler are the leaders, but Xavier would be as well if they decided to push for it. I don't think there's much of a left over percentage beyond that

Who are you talking about? Hunter?

Top Bottom