All Things 2018 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Two transfers to the Florida football team just received waivers that allow them to play right away. Not sure what the details were as to the reasons, but the point is that the NCAA does grant waivers.

quit getting my hopes up!!

but seriously....every time I open twitter these days im scrolling through to see the follow....
will Carr be eligible this year?
what are we doing with this final scholarship for 2018?
whos the first 2019 commit? is Hurt going to take this program to the next level and commit here?
are we going to snag a early 2020 commit from one of the mn guys?

seriously we are due for some good news!

A miss can be any recruit you want and don't get.

It's really not that hard to understand.
No it's not, by your idiot logic This Jones is a miss, misses are screw ups, people you overlook, Wright IV was not a miss.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

No it's not, by your idiot logic This Jones is a miss, misses are screw ups, people you overlook, Wright IV was not a miss.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Speaking of “idiot” logic.

So, I take 10 3s in a game and make 0 that means I didn’t miss because at least I took the shot.

I can't find it now, but Damian Johnson replied to a tweet on the subject of how so many Minnesota kids get overlooked or underrated in the national recruiting scene. His point was that so many coaches don't have the confidence to believe their own eyes and instead rely on their peers' evaluations or those of recruiting services. That's always the danger of hiring a young coach - unless they're a natural at evaluating talent, they may not have the confidence, knowhow or boldness to go their own way on a recruit. As far as whether any of us are better talent evaluators than "Patino," I certainly don't know basketball as well as he does, but I will not sell myself short: I do know talent when I see it.

Only Minnesota players are overlooked. In every other state, evaluations are spot on. /s

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Ha just realized we could’ve Rashod Bateman come play for us...or Tyler Johnson. Honestly I’d much rather have him then focus on football though which theyre doing cause their going to be studs

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I recently got on the 247 pay site after the 5 months for $10 deal so I don't know what the rules are for sharing information, but if the rumors are true it's the most Gophers thing ever.

I recently got on the 247 pay site after the 5 months for $10 deal so I don't know what the rules are for sharing information, but if the rumors are true it's the most Gophers thing ever.

Well, that doesn't sound encouraging.

actually, I was wondering if it's a 6'9" 400# option

Not sure if you were serious or not, but I believe a football player who plays basketball has to count as a football scholarship.

That moment when the first date with the new girl goes OK, but there is no second date so you call up your ex...

This (how his minutes and productivity pan out) is going to be an excellent season-long side show on the GH, and I for one couldn’t be happier. Huge opportunity for people in many camps to have to eat their words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Pitino, but damn he's a crappy roster manager.

This situation worked out pretty dam well, not sure why the hate. Geno came available so they opened a spot, like everyone would, once that didnt work they got Stockman back.

Top Bottom