All Things 2018 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

If he makes it here it will be his 4th OV in Sept, all in back-to-back weekends. I'd prefer it to be earlier...

Yep. At least he has already been here before though. It's frustrating to lose out on guys who never ended up taking a visit here that were planning on it but if they have already seen the campus and facilities and know what we have to offer and still miss out then it's easier to live with.

If he doesn't commit at Purdue then we have a good shot. Last visit is the best visit, as long as the player doesn't commit early.

No Butler visit scheduled yet. I thought they were supposed to be a major player in his recruitment. Was that before Holtmann left for Ohio State? Is that why he's visiting Ohio State?

Butler is a 10 minute drive from the school Hunter attends. I have no inside info on the reasoning for no official visit but it could be he has been on campus a ton already.

Just watching his highlight video, to me he doesn't look like a Purdue type player.

Marcus Q&A with Oturu:

Q: What do you think of the Gophers 2018 recruiting class? There still could be one more solid piece.

A: It’s good to see a future goal and plan coming to fruition. Just to see what you want happen – for people to come with you and come together for a common goal (help home state program win) was good. I’m excited about the class as a whole and to see who joins us with that last scholarship.

http://www.startribune.com/oturu-goes-to-camp/441530293/

Go Gophers!!

I mean in all honesty he's probably picking this because it's where his first visit is at

Perhaps true, but Dan is with the Gophers, so not sure he would just willy nilly pick Purdue because that's his first visit.

If Painter is half the salesman I think he is, he's going to be trying like hell to get a verbal before the kid walks off campus. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets it either.

This is the goal of every coach during an official recruiting visit.

I think the young man needs to come and visit the Gopher campus. It would be a disservice to him and his family for not experiencing all options before making his big decision.

I think the young man needs to come and visit the Gopher campus. It would be a disservice to him and his family for not experiencing all options before making his big decision.

He visited unofficially back in June

Did he commit to pu

I can't see anything saying he's committed, nothing on his twitter anyway. Did you see someone say he's committed?

If you're wondering about him committing after a weekend visit to Purdue, he's visiting there until 9/8, 2 weeks from now.

Really hoping they get some visits lined up for a decent recruit besides Hunter. That is a big gauntlet of solid programs he has to pass on each weekend to make it here. Lets hope Pitino or Young have a trick up their sleeve. Again, I'm not against banking the scholarship, but thats what a lot of teams do, so there is a ton of competition in the Spring.

Just have to win the Big Ten this year and make a nice run early in the tourney. The best possible spring recruit will take notice and sign...problem solved.

247 is predicting Hunter to Xavier or Purdue w/ odds 50/50.

There are only 2 predictions though, and the Xavier prediction was made months ago. The Purdue prediction is recent and was made by Dan Owen, a Minnesota guy, but that could also because Purdue is his next visit.

Former Gopher recruiting target and Isaiah Washington teammate was granted release from St. John's. Not clear whether he will try to enroll somewhere else for this year or wait until next.
Might be a nice pick up at the last minute.

Top Bottom