All Things 2018 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

We seem to be actively offering a scholarship for 2017 to the first taker? We are his only major offer. Lots of questions of what's up with the recruiting news...going after McKinley, this kid etc

We don't have a scholarship though... right?

We don't have a scholarship though... right?

We don't have a scholarship I'm aware of for 2017. There is information now that Tyrese is going to a prep school, so he would be a 2018 recruit. We do have openings in 2018.

We don't have a scholarship I'm aware of for 2017. There is information now that Tyrese is going to a prep school, so he would be a 2018 recruit. We do have openings in 2018.

Another hint is that this is the 2018 thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I mistaken? I thought we had 1 free with the departure of Gilbert.

Race, are you going to follow in the footsteps of Amir Coffey and Michael Hurt or McKinley Wright and Alex Illikainen? Time is running out.

Race, are you going to follow in the footsteps of Amir Coffey and Michael Hurt or McKinley Wright and Alex Illikainen? Time is running out.

Race has nowhere near the hair as Jake. I think I know where this is going.

Richard sending a message?

Watching some Pulley highlights from this weekend, Jarvis Thomas definitely has some similarities to Murph. Both uber athletic undersized PF's. He had a bunch of alley-oops served up to him by Tre.

Richard sending a message?

I think it would be foolish of any college basketball coach to not offer other players and wait on a player because he's local. Same thing happened with McKinley Wright. It's not like Race or some of the other local players are top 10-20 guys. They are all at levels comparable to players outside of Minnesota. The only player in this class worth waiting on is Tre and you still need to offer players at his position in case he goes elsewhere.

I think it would be foolish of any college basketball coach to not offer other players and wait on a player because he's local. Same thing happened with McKinley Wright. It's not like Race or some of the other local players are top 10-20 guys. They are all at levels comparable to players outside of Minnesota. The only player in this class worth waiting on is Tre and you still need to offer players at his position in case he goes elsewhere.

+1.

+1. I say, I don't care where they are from as long as they are here.

Keyontae Johnson is planning to visit Minnesota in June. 6'4"-6'5" wing from Florida, top 150.

EDIT: He's from Virginia but playing at a school in Florida currently.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Younger brother of Michael Carter-Williams. Averaging 13.9ppg and 3apg in the EYBL.

Any chance we would offer Jarvis Thomas? Pretty nice list so far

Any chance we would offer Jarvis Thomas? Pretty nice list so far

If we have 5 scholarships to give and we get Oturu, Race, Gabe and a quality PG (AJ Green?) and we also feel like Race can play SF then I wouldn't mind Thomas as our 5th commit at PF.

If we have 5 scholarships to give and we get Oturu, Race, Gabe and a quality PG (AJ Green?) and we also feel like Race can play SF then I wouldn't mind Thomas as our 5th commit at PF.

Don't forget about Stockman. Will hold a scholarship for '18-'19.

Don't forget about Stockman. Will hold a scholarship for '18-'19.

If Fitz doesn't get a 6th year then we'd have 5 openings with him, Mason, Reggie, Konate and Gaston all leaving.

Isn't Thomas also a guy who is athletic enough to play the 3? Imagine if our class ended up Oturu, Race, Tre, Gabe. That would be pretty cool although I would sub any of them for a better player. I'm a little bit of a sucker when it comes to getting guys from MN you have to pull for them a little extra.

I don't know if he has the skills to play the 3.

Isn't Thomas also a guy who is athletic enough to play the 3? Imagine if our class ended up Oturu, Race, Tre, Gabe. That would be pretty cool although I would sub any of them for a better player. I'm a little bit of a sucker when it comes to getting guys from MN you have to pull for them a little extra.

Not saying Thomas can't play the 3 (haven't seen him play), but small forward seems to be the one position where people just focus on one aspect of a players game and disregard everything else when deciding they can play there. If a guy is enormous and trips over his own feet when trying to dribble or move laterally from the perimeter, but can kinda shoot 3s or jump high, some people will say he can play small forward.

Top Bottom