All Things 2018 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

So. Any more scuttlebutt regarding how we might use our final scholie? Realistically?

Very early on he made it clear Florida was his dream school. Then this summer he got interested in Kentucky. He wants to be one and done and i think that is a bad look for this program.

Very early on he made it clear Florida was his dream school. Then this summer he got interested in Kentucky. He wants to be one and done and i think that is a bad look for this program.

Lol did you just say signing a player that has enough talent to play in the NBA is a bad look? How is that logical?

Formerly committed to the elder Pitino at Louisville. Interesting. He looks maybe 6’ with shoes on, but that looks like a literal stretch.

I could care less if he's 4 foot 2, if he can drive to the basket and make lay ups, dish the ball to teammates, shoot from outside and defend well, he could be 3 foot 2, lol.

I could care less if he's 4 foot 2, if he can drive to the basket and make lay ups, dish the ball to teammates, shoot from outside and defend well, he could be 3 foot 2, lol.

Agreed. I'd take someone like that Lykes kid from Miami in a heartbeat. He was a huge factor against the Gophers. Not to mention that Rivals has Ramey listed at 6'3".

He looks super long- I'd say he's 6'7". So he's anywhere from 4'2" to 6'7".

We clearly need another skilled ball-handler along with IW. I would prefer a grad transfer, but a top-100 high-school grad would be amazing for a spring signee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some recent highlights or Ramey:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JTngFyZml4I" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Gophers have also been recruiting Alan Griffin, son of former NBA player Adrian Griffin who is a 6'3 guard out of New York. Another player the Gophers have went to see is guard Lamar Norman out of Michigan who I believe decommitted from UTEP.

This doesn’t make sense to me. We only have 1 pg on next years team. What if Washington goes down? This is dumb of pitino. It’s like this year bringing in stockman who can’t play and being short on bigs. I told people beginning of year if one of our post went down we were in trouble. Don’t just offer someone cause we have a scholarship too could bring in grad transfer.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why is nobody talking about Anfernee Simmons? He's the #7 recruit in the country and listed Minnesota as one of the 4 teams recruiting him the hardest yesterday.

This doesn’t make sense to me. We only have 1 pg on next years team. What if Washington goes down? This is dumb of pitino. It’s like this year bringing in stockman who can’t play and being short on bigs. I told people beginning of year if one of our post went down we were in trouble. Don’t just offer someone cause we have a scholarship too could bring in grad transfer.
Wouldn't be surprised if they have more than 1 scholarship to work with this spring. They absolutely have to add another ball handler this spring but I could see a guy like Fitzgerald transferring after this season making a 2nd scholarship available.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why is nobody talking about Anfernee Simmons? He's the #7 recruit in the country and listed Minnesota as one of the 4 teams recruiting him the hardest yesterday.

Had not seen that, I did a little snooping on his twitter and it sounds like there is a slight possibility he could skip college and play abroad for a year and then go pro. Still, have to like that we are in his top 4.

One of them did and we were still a very good team. It wasn't until two went down that the season went down the drain.

Top Bottom