Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 1,141 to 1,152 of 1152
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    I usually favor lefties because I am one but there is some truth to them being tougher to defend. Everything is backwards so instincts can get in the way of a defender.

Just hoping we get a commitment soon.

When is national signing day?
    National Signing Day isn't until the Spring but commits can sign LOIs in about 3 weeks.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GopherNuts View Post
    National Signing Day isn't until the Spring but commits can sign LOIs in about 3 weeks.
    I'm confused. Whats the difference?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    I'm confused. Whats the difference?
    The official National Signing Day which is May 16th next year serves as a deadline for recruits to get their paperwork in. If they want to be a part of the 2018 class that's when their LOIs have to be in though I think there's some wiggle room for athletes that reclassify (like Marvin Bagley and Jontay Porter). I believe an early signing period was created for smaller programs to prevent bigger programs from swooping in late and flipping their recruits. The early signing period is November 8th for 2018 recruits. It's an option for the athletes to have the process over and done with as well. Other schools can't contact recruits once they've signed LOIs obviously.

Probably didn't do the best job explaining it but there ya go haha.
    Last edited by GopherNuts; 10-19-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Watching the Wolves last night, that's how Mark Jackson explained Kyle Anderson. He said, "he has one speed: smooth" (I know this added no value to the thread.)
    Don't be so hard on yourself.

5. Default

The official National Signing Day which is May 16th next year serves as a deadline for recruits to get their paperwork in. If they want to be a part of the 2018 class that's when their LOIs have to be in though I think there's some wiggle room for athletes that reclassify (like Marvin Bagley and Jontay Porter). I believe an early signing period was created for smaller programs to prevent bigger programs from swooping in late and flipping their recruits. The early signing period is November 8th for 2018 recruits. It's an option for the athletes to have the process over and done with as well. Other schools can't contact recruits once they've signed LOIs obviously.

Makes sense. But the LOI locks in the player and school, correct?

6. Default

Makes sense. But the LOI locks in the player and school, correct?
    Yeah exactly. I don't think we'll see recruitments dragged out like they have been in the past because of it either.

Watching the Wolves last night, that's how Mark Jackson explained Kyle Anderson. He said, "he has one speed: smooth" (I know this added no value to the thread.)
    Correct, this should have been posted to the 'definition of smooth' thread

jk

8. Default

Can they sign on any day between Nov 8 and May 16?
    Or is the signing only on those two days?
    Thanks

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Can they sign on any day between Nov 8 and May 16?
    Or is the signing only on those two days?
    Thanks
    I should actually clarify. There's a week long window with the early signing period between Nov 8th and Nov 15th where they can sign. There's a cutoff on Nov 15th where recruits that didn't sign have to wait until April 11th of next year for the chance to sign again where there's a month long window that ends on May 16th. May 16th being the absolute last day you can sign as a member of the 2018 class (those reclassifying are a different story). Sorry for the confusion.

Here's a link to signing periods for Basketball and all the other sports for those curious: http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/future.html

10. Default

Nelson to announce Monday

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    Nelson to announce Monday
    Doogie said he thinks we get him, which makes me pessimistic about our chances.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Doogie said he thinks we get him, which makes me pessimistic about our chances.
    Where are y’all seeing this at?
    THIS IS....GOLDEN....GOPHER.....BASKETBALL!!!