Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1103

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    Joe Hedstrom has committed to Wisconsin. No Gopher offer.
    Scholly or walk on?

2. Default

Nelson and/or Johnson visiting this weekend then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1406 View Post
    Congrats to the Kid on a such a high level basketball school. Minnesota got the best center in the state for this recruiting cycle. You cannot offer everyone especially if you don't think they'll fit or your team has other needs. This isn't the NBA where you draft the best talent regardless of position.
    As we all know, the great equalizer between our 4-star recruit and their unranked recruit will be some referee in the Kohl Center at a key point in some game. That is the grotesque beauty in our ongoing and eternal frustration.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    As we all know, the great equalizer between our 4-star recruit and their unranked recruit will be some referee in the Kohl Center at a key point in some game. That is the grotesque beauty in our ongoing and eternal frustration.
    So cynical (don't blame you)

Quote Originally Posted by BballJones View Post
    Nelson and/or Johnson visiting this weekend then?
    Looks like Johnson just was offered and took an official visit to Florida - optics don't look good there. According to 247 Nelson is scheduled to be on campus for official tomorrow - I presume he is sticking around for MSU game. Would appear Nelson is our best shot at solidifying class with PG / CG. Fingers crossed.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Scholly or walk on?
    4/5, paying first year, scholarship next 4

Quote Originally Posted by mootrack View Post
    4/5, paying first year, scholarship next 4
    Yeah until Wisconsin finds someone better than him to offer a scholly to next year.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Holf View Post
    Looks like Johnson just was offered and took an official visit to Florida - optics don't look good there. According to 247 Nelson is scheduled to be on campus for official tomorrow - I presume he is sticking around for MSU game. Would appear Nelson is our best shot at solidifying class with PG / CG. Fingers crossed.
    According to Ryan James, Oak Hill's coach says Johnson will be visiting here this weekend.

Per Ryan James on Twitter: Oak Hill Academy Head Coach Steve Smith said today that 4 star 2018 small forward Keyontae Johnson does plan to visit Minnesota this weekend

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tmvander View Post
    Yeah until Wisconsin finds someone better than him to offer a scholly to next year.
    Yeah, seems like a risk on Hedstrom's part. If he were on full scholly I'd actually like this move because it ties up another Wisc scholarship with a mediocre player.

BTW I wish we'd cancel the tuition reciprocity we have with Wisconsin, really is of little use to Minnesota. Allows walk ons like Cichy, Sorenson, and now Hedstrom to leave the state without penalty, and on the flip side it helps further infest our student body with a bunch of Badgers.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Per Ryan James on Twitter: Oak Hill Academy Head Coach Steve Smith said today that 4 star 2018 small forward Keyontae Johnson does plan to visit Minnesota this weekend
    That's a pretty big win, even if its only a visit. Too bad he didn't visit a month later with much nicer weather. Florida is going to be tough to turn down.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Holy sh*t! Things just got really interesting.

Funny because I just finished reading Marcus' in-depth post on Nelson and his background (DEF READ IT) and got psyched on him: http://www.startribune.com/new-york-...end/450638343/

But it's interesting that both guys are visiting the same weekend when we only (seem) to have one spot left in this class.

So now that it looks like both guys will be here tomorrow, WHO do YOU want? The better position fit (Nelson) or the higher-rated 4-star (Johnson)??

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post

Funny because I just finished reading Marcus' in-depth post on Nelson and his background (DEF READ IT) and got psyched on him: http://www.startribune.com/new-york-...end/450638343/

But it's interesting that both guys are visiting the same weekend when we only (seem) to have one spot left in this class.

So now that it looks like both guys will be here tomorrow, WHO do YOU want? The better position fit (Nelson) or the higher-rated 4-star (Johnson)??
    I would take Nelson hands down...watch his footage and I think you will think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post

Pitino must think that McBrayer or Coffey can fill the backup PG role in 2018 if Johnson is visiting and a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by jovs View Post
    Pitino must think that McBrayer or Coffey can fill the backup PG role in 2018 if Johnson is visiting and a viable option.
    OR

He's not planning on having a freshman backup his PG slot and thinks, like almost every year since who knows when we'll have attrition this offseason and he'll have a transfer scholarship open.