All Things 2018 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

There are many first rates students at the U. But i know from going to Stanford law that my opportunities were much greater and over 50 years it has become a truly extraordinary place. It will open more doors. In our society it does come with a great deal of impression. On the other hand we have hired really fine representatives from less renowned schools. The acceptance rates bear out prestige but then you add in resources and they are now sitting on 35 billion endowment and a location that takes advantage of Tech, has great diversity of options and a great climate not to mention who you meet. Think it is great when these kids have earned their way to such a opportunity. This may have nothing to do with what he ultimately decides to do. He may desire coming home but there is no indication of that and has extraordinary chances to go anywhere.

Stanford's endowment is about 23 billion.

24.6 recieved as of October 2017 But pledged 7.4 in future two years by Hewlett. AND 4.6 pledged in Jan. over two years by Thiel and company. Compare that to the U.

24.6 recieved as of October 2017 But pledged 7.4 in future two years by Hewlett. AND 4.6 pledged in Jan. over two years by Thiel and company. Compare that to the U.

Hewlett pledged a gift of $7.4 billion to Stanford? Link?

And who said anything about the U? Did you see a post trying to claim that the U's is bigger? Can you point me to that post?

Hewlett pledged a gift of $7.4 billion to Stanford? Link?

And who said anything about the U? Did you see a post trying to claim that the U's is bigger? Can you point me to that post?

At a board meeting in San Francisco a regent who is the lawyer for HP foundation laid out several enormous gifts over a 6 year drive. They are planning to be past 54 billion by 2022. I mentioned the difference between ours and theirs as a way to highlight the differences in resources. Stanford is private and will only publish pledges as received. Several others like Brin and Page are going forward with their contributions. It is a totally different world.

There are many first rates students at the U. But i know from going to Stanford law that my opportunities were much greater and over 50 years it has become a truly extraordinary place. It will open more doors. In our society it does come with a great deal of impression. On the other hand we have hired really fine representatives from less renowned schools. The acceptance rates bear out prestige but then you add in resources and they are now sitting on 35 billion endowment and a location that takes advantage of Tech, has great diversity of options and a great climate not to mention who you meet. Think it is great when these kids have earned their way to such a opportunity. This may have nothing to do with what he ultimately decides to do. He may desire coming home but there is no indication of that and has extraordinary chances to go anywhere.

It's not what you know, it's who you know?

Might be a a ton of both. Starting out as a minority way back when i did not know anyone. To this day i do not know the heaviest hitters but i worked hard for what i have and have met some wonderful people from all walks of life. Some of those folks are from this fine state.

At a board meeting in San Francisco a regent who is the lawyer for HP foundation laid out several enormous gifts over a 6 year drive. They are planning to be past 54 billion by 2022. I mentioned the difference between ours and theirs as a way to highlight the differences in resources. Stanford is private and will only publish pledges as received. Several others like Brin and Page are going forward with their contributions. It is a totally different world.

There is no Hewlett Packard Foundation. There is a Hewlett Foundation and a Packard Foundation. Since their combined assets are around $16 billion (and I don't think they pool their funds for gifts), I very much doubt the veracity of your claim.

This thread is for 2018 recruiting updates. If you would like to talk about Stanford University Foundation, we encourage you to start a thread on the OT board. All additional, non-2018 recruiting posts will be deleted from this thread.

We need some positivity. I'm saying this based on zero sourcing or inside information.

If we get him on an OV, I believe we will sign Anfernee Simons. Let me tell you why:

- When healthy, Minnesota is the best team on his list.
- Minnesota is the biggest "basketball school" on his list.
- Minnesota has the newest facilities on his list.
- The University of Minnesota is in the biggest market on his list.
- NC State is the third best basketball school in North Carolina.
- Tennessee, South Carolina and Alabama don't care about basketball.
- He had a previous connection with Pitino Sr. and only decommitted when Pitino Sr. was forced out.
- Pitino Sr will tell Pitino Jr. exactly how to recruit Simons.

I can go on. We have a lot of reasons to be excited about Simons. Positive vibes only.

We need some positivity. I'm saying this based on zero sourcing or inside information.

If we get him on an OV, I believe we will sign Anfernee Simons. Let me tell you why:

- He had a previous connection with Pitino Sr. and only decommitted when Pitino Sr. was forced out.

I can go on. We have a lot of reasons to be excited about Simons. Positive vibes only.

THANK YOU! ~PosITive VibEZZ~

I like the positivity. No reason we can't get this guy. I believe we were #2 behind Seton Hall to get Whitehead, and it's about time we struck gold.

I like the positivity. No reason we can't get this guy. I believe we were #2 behind Seton Hall to get Whitehead, and it's about time we struck gold.

I thought it was St. John’s and Seton Hall getting into a bidding war to hire his high school coach as an assistant or something, and I think Willard at Seton Hall had done that to get recruits before.

I also believe NC State is a more prestigious basketball brand name than we are, that said, if we get Simons on an official visit, I don’t think it would be a shock to get him over the Wolfpack.

I thought it was St. John’s and Seton Hall getting into a bidding war to hire his high school coach as an assistant or something, and I think Willard at Seton Hall had done that to get recruits before.

I also believe NC State is a more prestigious basketball brand name than we are, that said, if we get Simons on an official visit, I don’t think it would be a shock to get him over the Wolfpack.

You probably recall better than I.

Maybe our opportunity for playing time gives us an advantage over NC State. Not sure where they're sitting roster-wise.

If this is a sticking point for Simons, Pitino can spin it and say "Would you rather play for the only D1 school in the stat that's city that just held the Super Bowl or the third best D1 school that is located in the second biggest city in North Carolina?"

Having been to Raleigh the last 4 years and gone to games at all 3 campuses in the triangle, NC st is not the third fiddle to the media and locals in Raleigh. No one down there likes/follows Duke they are much more a national team. I went to a Carolina Hurricanes game Saturday night, not one Duke hat or sweatshirt that I saw. When a guy wearing a Duke jersey was on the scoreboard massive boos rained down. Yes Duke is a far bigger name nationally but locally in North Carolina/Raleigh it is not even close, UNC and NCSt get all the pub and attention. NC St is a great school and I really like their coach and I think he is really going to get things going there.

If this is a sticking point for Simons, Pitino can spin it and say "Would you rather play for the only D1 school in the stat that's city that just held the Super Bowl or the third best D1 school that is located in the second biggest city in North Carolina?"

Having been to Raleigh the last 4 years and gone to games at all 3 campuses in the triangle, NC st is not the third fiddle to the media and locals in Raleigh. No one down there likes/follows Duke they are much more a national team. I went to a Carolina Hurricanes game Saturday night, not one Duke hat or sweatshirt that I saw. When a guy wearing a Duke jersey was on the scoreboard massive boos rained down. Yes Duke is a far bigger name nationally but locally in North Carolina/Raleigh it is not even close, UNC and NCSt get all the pub and attention. NC St is a great school and I really like their coach and I think he is really going to get things going there.

To be fair, it is probably a factor that the Wolfpack and Hurricanes play in the same arena. And that the arena is literally right next door to the NC State football stadium.

I think NC State will be a tough beat for Simons. Keatts is pretty charismatic on the recruiting trail, and I think he'll get the Wolfpack rolling quickly.

NC State might be big in Raleigh, but they aren’t bigger than UNC or Duke. Positive vibes only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is simply not factual in the triangle area or North Carolina for that matter.

I don't care. My original post was about how we have alot to offer Simons, probably more than any school currently in the running for him. You nitpicked one thing that may or may not be true.

What do you mean "more" than anybody ? Lay out the 10 things that may matter and where do you see advantages . So many differences and i suspect Florida is the lead

Where do you see us having more to offer, just curious.

What do you mean "more" than anybody ? Lay out the 10 things that may matter and where do you see advantages . So many differences and i suspect Florida is the lead

Where do you see us having more to offer, just curious.

Scroll up.

Scroll up.

Got it. in the interest of positivity i will sit this one out but i got a great laugh on the one about Rick telling him exactly how to recruit him ! that is funny. As a side, i did see Rick at the MIAMI-UVA game at Miami on Tuesday.

And sorry got it, heck yes come here young man.

Got it. in the interest of positivity i will sit this one out but i got a great laugh on the one about Rick telling him exactly how to recruit him ! that is funny. As a side, i did see Rick at the MIAMI-UVA game at Miami on Tuesday.

Looks like Terrell Ramey also liked the post by Ryan. Good Vibes...

GOOD VIBES ONLY!

Would be a wild time in Gopher land if we pulled two five star recruits from Louisville. Certainly there would be some questions, but as we're seeing right now, sometimes you gotta get in the mud to land the stars.

Top Bottom