All Things 2018 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Badgers lose top recruit

Would've been highest since dekker

Good time to have D.J. Carton here on campus this weekend with our 2018 commits. The meltdown by Badger fans has been pretty entertaining to say the least and speaks to the gut punch this is for Gard. We'll learn a lot about him in the next few years without Bo's guys.

I’ll live with either Nelson or Johnson. I’ve thought about which I prefer and it really could go either way with all of the factors. At the end of the day, if we get one, it’ll be a solid addition to round out the class

Reading those makes me so happy. Is that bad?

Schadenfreude. The perils of having a guy commit very early. One can hardly blame a kid for wanting to see what his options really are as he proves himself against the best competition. Do the Gophers need a four star shooting guard in next year's class? Now that would put the icing on the cake if he were to ditch them and come to us.

Sounds like they have a good recruiting class without him, though.

Look at his de commitment tweet replies if you want to see some badger fans cry

So you made be dig up his twitter account and look. He kinda backwardly slams the badgers.
What I found interesting was that he has some videos he posted with him dribbling the ball. Compared to IW, this kid looked like a 5 yr old....lol. I would be embarrassed posting those if that was my best moves!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Schadenfreude. The perils of having a guy commit very early. One can hardly blame a kid for wanting to see what his options really are as he proves himself against the best competition. Do the Gophers need a four star shooting guard in next year's class? Now that would put the icing on the cake if he were to ditch them and come to us.

Sounds like they have a good recruiting class without him, thoug
h.

Just hedstrom

Looks like I may be wrong on us not getting Nelson. Signs point to him choosing us very soon.

This is very disappointing for UW. Herro thinks he is one and done and now with Carolina and KU in the clear from scandals he will likely pick one of them. Zero chance he picks Minnesota.

Yea wow devastating for UW. Drops class outside of top 100 and dead last in B10 with few prospects to regroup. Yikes

This is very disappointing for UW. Herro thinks he is one and done and now with Carolina and KU in the clear from scandals he will likely pick one of them. Zero chance he picks Minnesota.

Considering we haven't even offered him, you're probably correct.

Don't think either are on each other's radars? But I'd take him

Yea wow devastating for UW. Drops class outside of top 100 and dead last in B10 with few prospects to regroup. Yikes

It will be interesting to see how they fare down the road roster wise. Right now they have one senior who has minimal impact and then Happ and a boatload more JRs, pretty decent SO class that is all guards, and then the Minnesota kids as Freshman this year, plus Kobe King. Kinda hurts for the roster balance you hope to have by not getting one kid in this class, unless they nab a transfer late. However I am betting Reuvers RS and possibly Davison or King as well.

It will be interesting to see how they fare down the road roster wise. Right now they have one senior who has minimal impact and then Happ and a boatload more JRs, pretty decent SO class that is all guards, and then the Minnesota kids as Freshman this year, plus Kobe King. Kinda hurts for the roster balance you hope to have by not getting one kid in this class, unless they nab a transfer late. However I am betting Reuvers RS and possibly Davison or King as well.

If their freshman class can't contribute this year they will have a hard time being top 10 in the conference. I'm pretty confident King and Davison will play a major role on their team this season, I do agree that reuvers likely redshirts, he just doesn't have the size to go up against B10 bigs right now. Their freshman class will determine how well they do this season

I'd think they'd need Reuvers to contribute right away, unless Ilk is suddenly able to contribute something

I'd think they'd need Reuvers to contribute right away, unless Ilk is suddenly able to contribute something

This is not a personal shot at anyone on here, but when did this turn into the "Badgers 2018 Recruiting Thread"? There is already a separate thread about this punk Wiscy kid de-committing. Maybe the Badgers talk can be contained to that thread?

I'm constantly checking this thread for updates on Nelson, Johnson and how the GOPHERS finish their 2018 class. Not a page of talk about the Badgers in 2017 or how they might fill out their class.

This is not a personal shot at anyone on here, but when did this turn into the "Badgers 2018 Recruiting Thread"? There is already a separate thread about this punk Wiscy kid de-committing. Maybe the Badgers talk can be contained to that thread?

I'm constantly checking this thread for updates on Nelson, Johnson and how the GOPHERS finish their 2018 class. Not a page of talk about the Badgers in 2017 or how they might fill out their class.

+1.

Go Gophers!!

FWIW we have picked up 3 crystal ball predictions for Anthony Nelson in the past couple days.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

FWIW we have picked up 3 crystal ball predictions for Anthony Nelson in the past couple days.

Would be nice way to close class and get some needed depth

Nelson also now rated on 247. Just below a .9 on the composite. Would put him near the rating of Gabe and Jarvis

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Can they just get rid of the predictions? Maybe have a favorite or just update odds

Can they just get rid of the predictions? Maybe have a favorite or just update odds

I think they are pretty good for exactly that. They give you an idea of who's in the mix and I think that's largely what people look for. I will say that someone like Jerry Meyer (who predicted Nelson to the Gophers) or some of the other national guys and the Duke guys tend to be pretty plugged in especially out East. Things sound pretty good on Nelson right now but we'll see what happens.

Yeah, that was a very encouraging tape. I think either one of these guys (Johnson or Nelson) would be a great get to round out the class.

If I had to summarize his game in one word, it would be smooth. Pretty long for a point guard, which I really like, and can slash to get to the rim. Also a lefty, which gives the defense a different look. Would be a very nice change-up to go along with Isaiah I would think.

Would be very encouraged if he came here.

I usually favor lefties because I am one but there is some truth to them being tougher to defend. Everything is backwards so instincts can get in the way of a defender.

Just hoping we get a commitment soon.

When is national signing day?

Nelson also now rated on 247. Just below a .9 on the composite. Would put him near the rating of Gabe and Jarvis

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's a high 3-star player. If he signs, that'll end up being a pretty hellacious class.

If I had to summarize his game in one word, it would be smooth. Pretty long for a point guard, which I really like, and can slash to get to the rim. Also a lefty, which gives the defense a different look. Would be a very nice change-up to go along with Isaiah I would think.

Would be very encouraged if he came here.

Watching the Wolves last night, that's how Mark Jackson explained Kyle Anderson. He said, "he has one speed: smooth" (I know this added no value to the thread.)

Top Bottom