All Things 2018 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Thomas has a similar game to Murphy. Both are about 6'6-6'7 undersized pf's who have very good bounce. Thomas is probably a little quicker than Murphy and can do a little defending on the perimeter.

Tre Jones is listed at 6'4.........

I would think the Pulley roster would be the most up to date in regards to a players height. Most of the recruiting services heights are probably from last sumer's AAU season and last years camps and outdated. Pulley just started playing 2 weeks ago and probably got the heights of each player not long before that.

Thomas has a similar game to Murphy. Both are about 6'6-6'7 undersized pf's who have very good bounce. Thomas is probably a little quicker than Murphy and can do a little defending on the perimeter.

Thomas is a pretty incredible athlete, better than Murph. He can't shoot worth a lick though.

I would think the Pulley roster would be the most up to date in regards to a players height. Most of the recruiting services heights are probably from last sumer's AAU season and last years camps and outdated. Pulley just started playing 2 weeks ago and probably got the heights of each player not long before that.

Good one

Good one

Not saying Thomas can't play the 3 (haven't seen him play), but small forward seems to be the one position where people just focus on one aspect of a players game and disregard everything else when deciding they can play there. If a guy is enormous and trips over his own feet when trying to dribble or move laterally from the perimeter, but can kinda shoot 3s or jump high, some people will say he can play small forward.

I will say he can play it but will need to develop way too many aspects of his game to be able to play 3. He is similar to Rodney Williams where he has the athleticism and frame to play 3 but is better off as a 4 man

Thomas has no shot at playing SF in college. Especially nowadays where your typical SF of 5-10 years ago plays up to a PF spot. Thomas is not skilled. He's twitchy as heck and can jump out of the gym, which makes him an impact defender and rebounder. But anything outside of about 6 feet is getting away from his strengths.

I think the Murphy comparison is decent in terms of they are energy guys who excel at the "garbage man" role.

Would rather have Thompson given he's more skilled, fitting the "prototypical PF" mold but Thomas wouldn't be a bad consolation prize if we must fill our Minnesota kid quota.

Thomas will not......

Thomas has no shot at playing SF in college. Especially nowadays where your typical SF of 5-10 years ago plays up to a PF spot. Thomas is not skilled. He's twitchy as heck and can jump out of the gym, which makes him an impact defender and rebounder. But anything outside of about 6 feet is getting away from his strengths.

I think the Murphy comparison is decent in terms of they are energy guys who excel at the "garbage man" role.

Would rather have Thompson given he's more skilled, fitting the "prototypical PF" mold but Thomas wouldn't be a bad consolation prize if we must fill our Minnesota kid quota.

...be offered by Minnesota.

And because like probably everyone else I am anxious who the next commit will be, are we in a quiet period calendar wise , is this a pretty dead time between now and end of summer before anyone would commit, or do things happen during this time?

And because like probably everyone else I am anxious who the next commit will be, are we in a quiet period calendar wise , is this a pretty dead time between now and end of summer before anyone would commit, or do things happen during this time?

It's usually pretty quiet as kids are focused on trying to pick up offers through their play in the summer. As far as the next commit the safe bet has to be Kalscheur. He's talked about taking visits and making a decision at the end of the summer. Keyonte Johnson's probably another to keep an eye on with him planning to visit I believe next month. It seems like Race will be the domino that sets everything off in this class.

But AJ Green will and maybe already was as he has really come on.

Um will what and maybe already was what?

Nvm: you must mean an offer from the gophers. 247 has shown he's had one for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interested in the Green recruitment, but I don't really follow this post. Is there a sense he will end up anywhere but UNI?

I am interested in the Green recruitment, but I don't really follow this post. Is there a sense he will end up anywhere but UNI?

Things have been really quiet with Green. Maybe it's because of his ties to UNI and he's considered a strong lean to go there but he deserves more offers. He's a really talented kid. It looks like it's a three horse race between UNI, Iowa State and the Gophers. He's visited here twice and I know we had a coach watch him a week or so ago so the interest is still there. He visited ISU as well during the season and their fans seem to believe they have a decent shot at him.

Gophers have been front and center at his spring games as well as making a big push for Noah Locke

Easily 6'2 but more importantly 6'5 reach. Natural scorer throughout the floor. Just keeps improving. Everytime you see him he has improved. Now farm strong and tough as nails. Very smart.

Easily 6'2 but more importantly 6'5 reach. Natural scorer throughout the floor. Just keeps improving. Everytime you see him he has improved. Now farm strong and tough as nails. Very smart.

Thanks, bb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can only reach 3 inches above his head?

Sorry, wing span. Was dictating a letter at the same time.

Top Bottom