Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
  1. Default

We should know in 5 minutes

Iowa State for Haliburton

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    Iowa State for Haliburton
    No surprise there. Seems like we are down to Hunter and Nelson. The fact that Hunter hasn't committed to either Purdue or Ohio State after his visits is not a bad sign. Like everyone has been saying, if we can get him here in 11-12 days for his visit, I like Pitino's chances.

4. Default

I for one am very glad Haliburton chose Iowa State instead of coming to Minnesota. Watching his tape, his release is slow as molasses and he does not appear to be all that athletic despite being a lanky 6'6 kid. He also looks like he needs to add a lot of strength. I honestly don't think he would have ever seen the court for us. Would rather keep that scholarship open for next year than to use it on Haliburton.

On the other hand, I really like Anthony Nelson's game. He's strong, athletic, and aggressive. These are the type of dudes you need in the B1G - guys who can defend as well as handle the ball against the more physical defenses in the league. Something the Gophs really haven't had enough of lately.
    Last edited by A nonymous; Yesterday at 04:46 PM.

5. Default

Just the word, Haliburton, sends shivers up my spine.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by A nonymous View Post
    I for one am very glad Haliburton chose Iowa State instead of coming to Minnesota. Watching his tape, his release is slow as molasses and he does not appear to be all that athletic despite being a lanky 6'6 kid. He also looks like he needs to add a lot of strength. I honestly don't think he would have ever seen the court for us. Would rather keep that scholarship open for next year than to use it on Haliburton.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Just the word, Haliburton, sends shivers up my spine.
    Is it true he looks like the love child of Kevin Peyton and Dick Cheney? Or have I gotten this thread confused?

Matt Jessen-Howard says we made an in-home visit to "a familiar 4-star," in addition to Nelson and Hunter. Anyone know who he's talking about? My best guess is Keyontae Johnson.

https://twitter.com/mjessenhoward/st...53750852423680

EDIT: A follow up tweet suggests it was indeed Johnson.

https://twitter.com/mjessenhoward/st...68267074310144
    Last edited by Cayman; Yesterday at 08:38 PM.

9. Default

I know some think that we could really use a PG with this last scholarship but with Jelly coming in I really think that we would be able to eat extra PG minutes in '18-'19 by Dupree/Jamir Harris/Coffey. Question to me is who is the better talent, Eric Harris or Keyontae Johnson? Based on offers and how early Pitino was visiting Johnson last year I would say he is most likely more talented..haven't watched tape or looked at stats but just my initial reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Is it true he looks like the love child of Kevin Peyton and Dick Cheney? Or have I gotten this thread confused?
    Apparently the mere suggestion that he reminded me of Payton got some posts deleted but I never had the joy of reading them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Is this Moron #1? Put Moron #2 on the phone."

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    I know some think that we could really use a PG with this last scholarship but with Jelly coming in I really think that we would be able to eat extra PG minutes in '18-'19 by Dupree/Jamir Harris/Coffey. Question to me is who is the better talent, Eric Harris or Keyontae Johnson? Based on offers and how early Pitino was visiting Johnson last year I would say he is most likely more talented..haven't watched tape or looked at stats but just my initial reaction.
    I'd rather have a legitimate backup PG in 18-19 than do what we did this year with Dupree. We saw what happened when Springs went down and I'm not sold that Jamir or Coffey can play point yet. It's nice to have a 10 man rotation and a 4 guard rotation instead of 3.