All Things 2018 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

This situation worked out pretty dam well, not sure why the hate. Geno came available so they opened a spot, like everyone would, once that didnt work they got Stockman back.

I'm pretty confident in saying that Geno Crandall lied to, or best case totally misled, Pitino here. Find it very hard to believe that Stockman would've been shown the door unless we were damn sure that Crandall was coming in.

Either way, this is good news. Key to have 11 available players and another big body won't hurt in case of foul trouble or injury.

This situation worked out pretty dam well, not sure why the hate. Geno came available so they opened a spot, like everyone would, once that didnt work they got Stockman back.

Get Carr eligible and they will have decent depth, I like Stockman, I think he is going to contribute.

Not sure where you got "hate" in my statement, but his track record of roster management is certainly not stellar. This was awkward at the very least, and he's lucky Matz was still available to bring back.

Not sure where you got "hate" in my statement, but his track record of roster management is certainly not stellar. This was awkward at the very least, and he's lucky Matz was still available to bring back.

I’m not going to argue his roster mgmt was good in the past (2-3yrs ago) because it wasn’t. But this is good roster management, we got a shot at a great player and were still able to get back the guy we gave up for that chance.

I'm pretty confident in saying that Geno Crandall lied to, or best case totally misled, Pitino here. Find it very hard to believe that Stockman would've been shown the door unless we were damn sure that Crandall was coming in.

Either way, this is good news. Key to have 11 available players and another big body won't hurt in case of foul trouble or injury.

I was told Crandall told Pitino that he would come here if Pitino opened up a spot for him but then Geno’s dad strongly pushed him to Gonzaga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matz probably noticed that California is going to be one of the worst power conference teams in the nation this year. Still crazy that he's coming back. Glad we have front court depth again.

I was told Crandall told Pitino that he would come here if Pitino opened up a spot for him but then Geno’s dad strongly pushed him to Gonzaga.

Sounds logical, and could shine some light on a person’s character. If you give your word, you better stick to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His father should not have made him choose between breaking his word and disappointing a parent.

Correct. Most parents I know would have encouraged the kid to follow through on his word. A major character defining moment.

How long until another 2018 scholarship opens up for us? This thread has "run its course" a few times already only to have another scholarship need to be filled.

Just wanted to throw this one out there...this one hurts. Wish we had gotten this kid

https://247sports.com/Player/Trey-McGowens-78096/high-school-209525/

9.4 points, 1.9 assists, 3.1 rebounds. Only 21% from 3 so far, but 55% from 2.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/trey-mcgowens-1.html

Seems like he's having a solid freshman year, but it looks like Marcus Zegarowski at Creighton is doing even better.

10.1 points, 3.1 assists, 3.6 rebounds, 43.5% from 3, 54% from 2.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/marcus-zegarowski-1.html

Gabe Kalscheur for comparison:

13.5 points, 1.3 assists, 2.8 rebounds, 55.6% from 3, 37.5% from 2.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/gabe-kalscheur-1.html

Gals we have Gabe. Would have liked McGowens too we had room for both

Like someone else said.....Gabe has been as good if not better. Plus this kid chose to stay closer to home.

So throw it back up your a$$, you stupid troll!

Must be letting out a little frustration...In no way was I saying I would have liked him over any of our freshmen, but rather in addition to.

Drink your coffee and de-stress this weekend.

Must be letting out a little frustration...In no way was I saying I would have liked him over any of our freshmen, but rather in addition to.

Drink your coffee and de-stress this weekend.

That's fair. Long week. I'm better now.

Losing to #16 on the road isn't the end of the word. Having Murph and Gabe shut down feels like it though.

Top Bottom