All Things 2018 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

You have to believe Isaiah is all over him right now - would be a great get. Sell hard!

He's a 2017 kid though, meaning someone would have to leave to make room for him.

He's a 2017 kid though, meaning someone would have to leave to make room for him.

Didn't he reclassify to 2017? I wonder if he'd consider prep school for a year and a total reopening of his recruiting?

Didn't he reclassify to 2017? I wonder if he'd consider prep school for a year and a total reopening of his recruiting?

He was 2017, reclassified to 2018, and reclassified again back to 2017. If he did prep school, that would mean he enrolled in college courses and then went back to high school, which seems odd, but this is a bit of a weird situation anyway. I also don't think we've really been a player in his recruitment for awhile now.

Wasn't there a Sid Wilson from the twin cities? Is this the same guy or am I confused?

Name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry man. Pretty late at night for me. I usually don't leave out details that basic. It is Sid Wilson and as the other posts noted, it is a weird situation. Late August seems really late to be catching on for 17-18, but maybe he has a plan. I though I read he may have already been in a prep school. Is a second year a possibility?

Sorry man. Pretty late at night for me. I usually don't leave out details that basic. It is Sid Wilson and as the other posts noted, it is a weird situation. Late August seems really late to be catching on for 17-18, but maybe he has a plan. I though I read he may have already been in a prep school. Is a second year a possibility?

Thanks, Holy...Wilson looks like a very solid player. Barring injuries/transfers/leaving for the NBA, we're going to be very deep at the Wing. I wonder if it wouldn't make sense for Michael Hurt to RS next year (2018-19) to work on his game before his brother gets on campus. :)

Marcus Zegarowski is announcing today..not sure if the gophers have a chance

Never visited, just visited Creighton.....

He did visit Washington unofficially, but his only official was to Creighton less than a week ago. As you mentioned, he never visited here, so probably committing to Creighton.

He did visit Washington unofficially, but his only official was to Creighton less than a week ago. As you mentioned, he never visited here, so probably committing to Creighton.

Good call.

Zegarowski has committed to Creighton.

any news on Hunter?

If they miss on Hunter, I feel like it's probably best to hold the scholarship then. Could use it for a mid-year transfer, spring decommits, or just any transfer after the year. I'm not a fan of holding them because you usually have one open up anything but just doesn't seem like there's anyone on the board right now that's worth it

Have you seen him play ? Nice player but not top 100 right now.

Anthony Nelson seems to have some Dupree McBrayer in him. Uses his hesitation and craftiness to get into the lane and make plays at the rim and off the pass. A little less raw athleticism but a lot of similarities in skill and length. Don't hate that at all.

Top Bottom