Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Link that gives a good look at Sal Koureissi. Intriguing prospect, 6'9" SG with a nice looking stroke. Looks like he has some post-up game and has some ball handling skill as well. I can only imagine having a 6'9" shooting guard and the problems that would create for teams. Apparently Minnesota has offered.

https://itsovertime.com/sal-koureissi-college-offers

per Marcus:

Oturu’s potential might be the highest for a Gophers center out of high school since Joel Przybilla came to the U in 1998.

“I think Daniel Oturu is going to be a really good player,” said Evan Daniels, Scout.com’s director of basketball recruiting. “I like him as a prospect. I think he has a lot of upside. I think his best basketball days are ahead of him. He’s mobile. He’s long. He’s athletic. He goes to the glass and rebounds. He contests shots. That was a pretty significant pickup for Richard Pitino to get a guy like him early.”

Oturu and Thomas could be still growing, even after adding a couple inches in the past year. There’s no doubt they will also both get much bigger and stronger before college. Thomas is still just 16.

Thomas’ off-the-chart athleticism stands out more than anything. But playing consistently with a high motor is what allowed him to make an even greater impact this summer, Rivals.com’s Eric Bossi said.

“He’s always been athletic,” Bossi said. “He always had a motor. But it was an inconsistent one. Hot and cold. Never knew what you were going to get. But now I think he’s become more reliable. And you know the effort is more often than not going to be there. He’s finding different ways to be productive on top of just playing hard.”

http://www.startribune.com/daniel-ot...urt/435679763/

Go Gophers!!

4. Default

Nice numbers although likely not against EYBL caliber competition.

5. Default

So if we get Gabe we have 3 of the best players from Mn. That leaves Tre to make us all Mn proud! Flip Saunders Mn Pride made Tyus a 1st round pick and put him in a great position with the Twolves. He is positioned to have a great season this year. Mn pride in our own matters. Tre make Minny your choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ten Championship View Post
    So if we get Gabe we have 3 of the best players from Mn. That leaves Tre to make us all Mn proud! Flip Saunders Mn Pride made Tyus a 1st round pick and put him in a great position with the Twolves. He is positioned to have a great season this year. Mn pride in our own matters. Tre make Minny your choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can tell this was posted at 3:17 AM

7. Default

Any chance Sal commits tomorrow so we can revoke Gabe's offer?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Gabe has already committed to Pitino like Jarvis did last week. Whether he officially committed to the staff already or whether he tells them Tuesday the staff will be very happy because besides Tre Gabe is at the top of the priority list right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    We can take both. If we don't get Tre. Dupree or Coffey can handle the ball for 8-10 minutes

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    We can take both. If we don't get Tre. Dupree or Coffey can handle the ball for 8-10 minutes
    I agree with you here. We should fill out the class with the best guard or wing that we can get, we don't necessarily need to take a PG if that means we pass on a better player at a different position. Also think Gabe could play some spot minutes at the point if needed, he seems to be very steady with the rock and a capable defender. Dupree can be a bit erratic with the ball at times, and Amir has a bit of trouble with ball pressure - so in worst case scenario if Isaiah is in foul trouble and the opposition is playing full court pressure, Gabe could step in and get the ball across half court dependably.

Of course the ideal is to have a good backup PG though. As we learned this past year, it can be tough when you only have 1 dude who can distribute.
    Last edited by A nonymous; Yesterday at 06:57 PM.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by A nonymous View Post
    I agree with you here. We should fill out the class with the best guard or wing that we can get, we don't necessarily need to take a PG if that means we pass on a better player at a different position. Also think Gabe could play some spot minutes at the point if needed, he seems to be very steady with the rock and a capable defender. Dupree can be a bit erratic with the ball at times, and Amir has a bit of trouble with ball pressure - so in worst case scenario if Isaiah is in foul trouble and the opposition is playing full court pressure, Gabe could step in and get the ball across half court dependably.

Of course the ideal is to have a good backup PG though. As we learned this past year, it can be tough when you only have 1 dude who can distribute.
    Harris is a guy who looked very comfortable at PG when he played there during AAU and the little he played there during the high school season.