FSN: Defeat to Badgers epitomizes Gophers' season of disappointment

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

Pitino has the benefit of perspective. In his second year on the job, he's still in the big-picture process of building a winning program in the heart of Minneapolis. Next year might even be a longer step back, depending partly upon where this group finishes and what postseason tournament it's awarded.

But to the youngsters walking out of the home dressing room with Buffalo Wild Wings to-go boxes in their hands Thursday night, this tastes like dirt.

"I didn't expect this at all," Hollins said, "but you have to learn from it. It has to make you stronger."

And what did you expect this season?

"I'm not telling you," he said. "I'm sorry. I've answered every question for four years. I'm not telling you that one."

Please?

"You know why I'm here."

It was the senior guard's best Marshawn Lynch rendition. But it also said volumes without saying anything.

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...esota-gophers-season-of-disappointment-030515

Go Gophers!!

I have to say, it epitomizes the last 15 years of disappointment for the program. We talk all the time about this program's potential and how we should be a regular NCAA invitee, but this shows how far off we are from that.

per FSN:

Pitino has the benefit of perspective. In his second year on the job, he's still in the big-picture process of building a winning program in the heart of Minneapolis. Next year might even be a longer step back, depending partly upon where this group finishes and what postseason tournament it's awarded.

But to the youngsters walking out of the home dressing room with Buffalo Wild Wings to-go boxes in their hands Thursday night, this tastes like dirt.

"I didn't expect this at all," Hollins said, "but you have to learn from it. It has to make you stronger."

And what did you expect this season?

"I'm not telling you," he said. "I'm sorry. I've answered every question for four years. I'm not telling you that one."

Please?

"You know why I'm here."

It was the senior guard's best Marshawn Lynch rendition. But it also said volumes without saying anything.

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...esota-gophers-season-of-disappointment-030515

Go Gophers!!

Next year better not be another step back. It is time we get this team moving in the right direction.

I have to say, it epitomizes the last 15 years of disappointment for the program. We talk all the time about this program's potential and how we should be a regular NCAA invitee, but this shows how far off we are from that.

Well, to be fair, this Wisconsin team isn't a "regular NCAA invitee" either; they're much more than that.

Top Bottom