ESPN: CBs Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Eric Murray strive to be Big Ten's best

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

The Gophers open in September at home with TCU, likely to rank near the top of preseason polls. TCU beat Minnesota 30-7 last year, a black mark for the Big Ten in a rough opening month of the 2014 season.

Boddy-Calhoun said the Gophers are eyeing the rematch but remain more focused inward. The cornerbacks are intent on leaving their mark as the Big Ten’s best.

“That’s something we’re fighting for,” Boddy-Calhoun said, “something we want to show everyone. It’s something that we strongly believe. But we know that title doesn’t come by looking good or playing good for one season. We know it can only come with work.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post...calhoun-murray-strive-to-rank-as-leagues-best

Go Gophers!!

per ESPN:

TCU beat Minnesota 30-7 last year, a black mark for the Big Ten in a rough opening month of the 2014 season.

That's black mark for the Big Ten? That's ridiculous. A 23 point loss to a team that was clearly one of the top 5 in the country, while holding them to the lowest point total of the season, on the road, in the heat, in the first game of the year?

Were they supposed to march in there and win that game? If they score a garbage time TD and make it a two TD game....is the black mark removed from the Big Ten? I just don't get it, I guess. So many questions.

So, if that's a black mark for the Big Ten, what does the SEC get for TCU absolutely curb-stomping Ole Miss by 40, without allowing a TD, on a neutral field in a major bowl game?

That's black mark for the Big Ten? That's ridiculous. A 23 point loss to a team that was clearly one of the top 5 in the country, while holding them to the lowest point total of the season, on the road, in the heat, in the first game of the year?

Were they supposed to march in there and win that game? If they score a garbage time TD and make it a two TD game....is the black mark removed from the Big Ten? I just don't get it, I guess. So many questions.

So, if that's a black mark for the Big Ten, what does the SEC get for TCU absolutely curb-stomping Ole Miss by 40, without allowing a TD, on a neutral field in a major bowl game?

Not to aruge semantics, but the one TD we did score was in "garbage time". Pretty sure they had there 2nd teamers in vs. our 1st Teamers for the whole 4th quarter.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400547855

Is semantics properly used here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irregardless, our secondary is poised to be special. I hope they keep humble and work like they have done for three previous years, four for Briean. Should be a fun year, I trust that then coaches in their fifth year will adequately manage the RB and OL situations. The part that interests me is the linebackers and wide receivers. Look forward to a great season

Irregardless, our secondary is poised to be special. I hope they keep humble and work like they have done for three previous years, four for Briean. Should be a fun year, I trust that then coaches in their fifth year will adequately manage the RB and OL situations. The part that interests me is the linebackers and wide receivers. Look forward to a great season

You're joking, right?

I think they're just talking generally about the rough month of September that the BIG had against the other major conferences. Gophers lost to TCU, OSU lost to VA Tech, MSU lost to Oregon, Michigan lost to ND and Utah, Maryland lost to WVU, Wiscy lost to LSU, etc.

Top Bottom