MN Daily: Former Gophers graduate assistant Maiuri hired as Division III OC

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

One day after the athletics department announced Adam Weber as his replacement, former Gophers graduate assistant Ryan Maiuri paced the sidelines of Minnesota's practice facility Tuesday with a pencil and paper taking notes. Maiuri, who held the graduate assistant position for two seasons working with the Gophers offense and quarterbacks in particular, was taking in some final observations from Minnesota's practices before being introduced as Central College's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

The Division III Iowa school's head coach, Jeff McMartin, confirmed the official hiring to the Minnesota Daily on Wednesday. McMartin coached with Gophers defensive line coach Jeff Phelps at DePauw University about 15 years ago, which helped Maiuri in the interview process.

"I trust Jeff's judgment and he put in a good word for Ryan," McMartin said.

But after sifting through more than 300 job applications, McMartin came to his decision when Minnesota head coach Jerry Kill called him out of the blue to endorse Maiuri as well.

"Not a lot of coaches would do that," McMartin said. "That really struck me."

http://www.mndaily.com/blogs/upon-f...duate-assistant-maiuri-hired-division-iii-off

Go Gophers!!

For a second I read that as "Maturi" and wondered about how far he had fallen.

I was hoping for Maturi's return to coaching as well. Instantly made me remember that Chris Farley played football for Maturi and based part of Matt Foley Motivational speaker upon Maturi's habit of hiking up his belt during speeches.

tumblr_m47kitk4gA1rtiapso2_1280.png

Where did Farley play for him at? Madison Edgewood High School or Marquette University club team?

Where did Farley play for him at? Madison Edgewood High School or Marquette University club team?
Edgewood. Chris credited Maturi for the "van down by a river" speech but the way he yelled it was based on his Dad.

Top Bottom