Watch out for Gasser undercutting the jump shooter.

Reaction score
He put Hollins on the shelf last year with that thug move. Watched the replay from last year and you can see him move into Hollins. It should have been a flagrant foul and the prick should have been 86 from the game.

Gasser may be the biggest whiner in the B1G as well. He has learned well from ferret face.

He put Hollins on the shelf last year with that thug move. Watched the replay from last year and you can see him move into Hollins. It should have been a flagrant foul and the prick should have been 86 from the game.

I know this is the prevailing opinion, but I've always found it to be a little 'tinfoil hat'ish. Watch the video. Gasser was guarding Hollins. Gasser gets screened, comes over to challenge, and then turns his back to block out but has to stop because Kaminsky is there. Do you recommend that players not block out?

andre-hollins-injures-ankle-o.gif

Was it a thug move when Buggs did it to Valentine?

denzel-valentine-injures-ankle-o.gif

Not quite the same play, but nice try. Both players come late but Valentine barely caught Buggs' foot. Gasser had his entire body up under Hollins. That's not boxing out, it's undercutting a shooter.

I know this is the prevailing opinion, but I've always found it to be a little 'tinfoil hat'ish. Watch the video. Gasser was guarding Hollins. Gasser gets screened, comes over to challenge, and then turns his back to block out but has to stop because Kaminsky is there. Do you recommend that players not block out?

Maybe I have my homer glasses on (something I'm often guilty of) but I don't think you're comparing apples to apples here. Buggs actually has a chance to block the shot and is lunging towards Valentine in an attempt to do so. Gasser has no chance to block Dre's shot (as shown by his nonchalant hand in the air) but continues to move underneath Hollins. Sure doesn't look like he's getting ready to box out either.

Buggs was going for the ball. Hollins had already released the ball and Gasser steps in and creates the undercut. It was a cheap YMCA type move. He would have been drilled in that venue.

I know this is the prevailing opinion, but I've always found it to be a little 'tinfoil hat'ish. Watch the video. Gasser was guarding Hollins. Gasser gets screened, comes over to challenge, and then turns his back to block out but has to stop because Kaminsky is there. Do you recommend that players not block out? Was it a thug move when Buggs did it to Valentine?

While I wouldn't call it a "thug move" for either of them, Buggs play on Valentine did make me a little uneasy as well.

If Hollins did not kick his legs out on every jump shot trying to draw a foul, he never would have touched Gasser.

Gasser can be accused of a lot of things, but in no way did he undercut Hollins there.

If Hollins did not kick his legs out on every jump shot trying to draw a foul, he never would have touched Gasser.

Gasser can be accused of a lot of things, but in no way did he undercut Hollins there.
Andre barely kicked his legs out on that play. Not anymore than some shooters. End of story Gasser undercut him. Not sure if intentionally or unintentionally

Andre barely kicked his legs out on that play. Not anymore than some shooters. End of story Gasser undercut him. Not sure if intentionally or unintentionally

From the above video: he looks directly at Hollins position, then, he steps directly to the spot Hollins will land. He casually turns his back to Hollins. Looks pretty intentional. Although, I did only see it on a 2 inch screen.

I was at the game, and the replay confirms my memory. 100% intentional, 100% dirty. I mean, I really think you have on some red colored glasses to see otherwise. Buggs is going for the block, but even his makes me a little uneasy. If that happens at Lifetime, somebody is getting swung on. There's just no call for sliding your feet under the jump shooter like that.

Top Bottom