Baylor's 6-7, 410 pound LaQuan McGowan practices at TE

die hard gopher

Reaction score
He's even wearing a No. 80 jersey.

"We're looking at him as kind of a slot and tight end type of guy," Baylor coach Art Briles told reporters Tuesday. "He can certainly help us in the run game in those situations. The way we're looking at it is we've got three games in nonconference to kind of feel it out and see what he can do and teach him what to do in live action."

McGowan, who normally lined up at guard last season, proved he could handle the task during the Goodyear Cotton Bowl, when he snagged an 18-yard touchdown pass from Bryce Petty during the Bears' 42-41 loss to Michigan State.

"His hands are about as big as my leg, so I can pretty much put it wherever, and he can snag it out of the air," quarterback Seth Russell told reporters.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...owan-practicing-tight-end-h-back-baylor-bears

So what? The Woz can probably dance circles around him and push him into the Gulf of Mexico.

The only question I have is did he gain 60 lbs of muscle at Baylor? He was recruited as an Offensive Tackle and he weighed 350. One of the things that was said was he didn't have high athleticism. I don't know what happened here, but I'm sensing he's 3rd on the 3 deep.

The TD pass he caught surprised everyone. I still wouldn't categorize him as any receiving threat.

The only question I have is did he gain 60 lbs of muscle at Baylor? He was recruited as an Offensive Tackle and he weighed 350. One of the things that was said was he didn't have high athleticism. I don't know what happened here, but I'm sensing he's 3rd on the 3 deep.

The TD pass he caught surprised everyone. I still wouldn't categorize him as any receiving threat.

Would not shock me one bit if Briles is just messing with people to see how far the story will go. That play in the bowl game was awesome and worked because no one expected it.

Top Bottom