***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS. WISCONSIN 3-5-15 IN-GAME THREAD***

I can't wait until we beat them by 14 next November....

Football, I get it. But in basketball...
Minnesota is taking a step back before it moves forward. There is no way Minnesota beats Wisconsin next season. It's bottom-out in 2015-16 to develop in 2016-17 to blossom in 2017-18 to explode is 2018-19....
....ugh, what am I even saying?

Football, I get it. But in basketball...
Minnesota is taking a step back before it moves forward. There is no way Minnesota beats Wisconsin next season. It's bottom-out in 2015-16 to develop in 2016-17 to blossom in 2017-18 to explode is 2018-19....
....ugh, what am I even saying?
It isn't like wisconsin returns the same team next year. With the SRs they lose and Dekker most likely going pro they really only return about 3 guys who play regularly. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gophers beat wisconsin at home next year but I'm also not buying the hype that it will be a total rebuild next year with the talent we have coming in especially if we are able to add a guy like Ellison and an experienced big with the last few scholarships.

It isn't like wisconsin returns the same team next year. With the SRs they lose and Dekker most likely going pro they really only return about 3 guys who play regularly. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gophers beat wisconsin at home next year but I'm also not buying the hype that it will be a total rebuild next year with the talent we have coming in especially if we are able to add a guy like Ellison and an experienced big with the last few scholarships.

Agreed. The overreactions here are comical. Team will be better next year than this year, no doubt in my mind.

Regime changes often have the honeymoon period like we had last year where people buy into a new process whether it's sports or business. Emotions carry the torch for a period of time and a feel good feelings will last for only so long. At some point reality hits, either these seniors/holdovers didn't like playing for Pitino, the style, or the work he was asking them to put in or they just really weren't good fits for the program.

Might not be significantly better but we will be more impressed with the effort and product on the court. Morris will likely improve to be a more consistent scorer and we should hopefully be more equipped to either scheme him defensively in and out of good situations. Buggs could take the next step and be a positive impact on the court rather than a negative. Possible upgrades in depth at all positions in both numbers and ability. Added bonus for style fit and we've got 6-8 wins in the Big and hopefully a non con schedule and results we all approve of.

I'm excited for next year.

Top Bottom