Sid Hartman: Kill says Gophers' redshirts should really help this year

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

There was a lot of conversation during the 2014 Gophers football season about how good the redshirt players were, and how many of them could have played last year rather than sit out the season and still have four years of competition remaining.

Gophers coach Jerry Kill was asked if he’s excited to see those redshirt freshman in action during spring practice.

“Well, there’s no question Isaiah Gentry and Desmond Gant, those guys, and I just think that Melvin Holland is a guy that people have forgotten, those are three redshirt freshman [wide receivers] that all have length and speed, and I can’t wait to see them on Tuesday,” Kill said. “I’m also anxious to see Jeff Jones [a four-star running back recruit from Minneapolis Washburn], like everybody else is. He has had good workouts. He was behind because he had to get himself in shape, but anxious to see him and Rodney Smith in the backfield. Both those guys were redshirted.

“There’s a lot of guys I’m really excited about seeing. Those skill players right there, I’m excited about watching them. I know they’ll bring a whole lot of speed to the table. … There’s some good people, and some people have changed their body a lot. They’ve worked hard. It’s amazing when kids get an opportunity. Take [junior running back] Roderick Williams, he’s a whole different kid right now. He’s leaned up. Got some of the baby fat off. He looks good. Kids have worked hard and I’m anxious to watch them work in the spring.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/295102951.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom