All Things 2015 Gophers Spring Practice: Tweets, Links, Analysis, Video & More

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So, are the BTN guys on campus? Is there any coverage of this on BTN besides the spring game coverage?

2015 Spring Practice Schedule
March 26, 4:15p.m. – Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
March 28, 9:50 a.m. – Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
March 31, 4:15p.m. – Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 2, 4:15p.m. – Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 4, 9:50 a.m. – Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 7, 4:15p.m. – Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 9, 4:15p.m. – Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 10, 4:15p.m. – Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex
April 11, 3 p.m. – Spring Game, TCF Bank Stadium
This all current?

STrib: Gophers QB Leidner getting tips from new assistant Adam Weber

When Jerry Kill describes Mitch Leidner’s development this spring, the Gophers coach is quick to mention the hiring of graduate assistant Adam Weber.

Weber is the school’s all-time passing leader, and now he’s working hand-in-hand with quarterbacks coach Jim Zebrowski.

“Leidner’s got to get more consistent, just like our whole football team needs to,” Kill said after Tuesday’s practice.

“I’ve said it over and over again — Adam Weber’s helped him a bunch because he’s about his age, and he played here.

“[Weber] went through four offensive coordinators [with the Gophers]. He’s been in the NFL with two or three different teams. So he’s got a great deal of knowledge, and he’s from Minnesota.

“I think with him and Jimmy working with [Leidner] — that was strictly my call, and I think that’s going to help our football team.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/297477041.html

Go Gophers!!

FSN: Weber adds NFL insight to Gophers' staff as grad assistant

As a GA, Weber assists quarterbacks coach Jim Zebrowski as well as Kill and offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover. He's not so much a coach as he is another set of ears and eyes patrolling the practice field -- and he's also someone who has been in these quarterbacks' shoes not that long ago.

Weber's final season with the Gophers was in 2010, and his brief NFL tenure came to an end a few years later with zero pass attempts in the NFL. At just 27 years old, Weber is young enough for Leidner to have been in the stands as he watched Weber cement his name in the Gophers' record books.

"He was a stud," Leidner said of Weber. "We've still got film up in the room up there that we still watch of him, too, sometimes. It's fun. Coming to games in high school and being able to watch, and now being able to work with him now is awesome."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...nesota-gophers-staff-as-grad-assistant-032415

Go Gophers!!

It's really too bad that Weber was stuck with Brewster. In my opinion, he would be the perfect QB for Kill's system (well, maybe not perfect but pretty darn successful).

Any GHers attend practice yesterday? I'd love to read some posts from any who did.

It's really too bad that Weber was stuck with Brewster. In my opinion, he would be the perfect QB for Kill's system (well, maybe not perfect but pretty darn successful).

He knew how to throw it 8 yards short as good as anyone. Never saw so many scuff marks on a football.

I will gladly post my observations....After a beer or two at Sportys on Como.

Of course, you have to get your mind right before you head over to the practice facility. Thanks for your report in advance.

He knew how to throw it 8 yards short as good as anyone. Never saw so many scuff marks on a football.

With the O-lines and running game that played in front of him it's a miracle he was able to ever get any passes off.

With the O-lines and running game that played in front of him it's a miracle he was able to ever get any passes off.

And he also had like 20-some OC's during his stint which makes his accomplishments all the more impressive.

I like it. Put Nugget at TB, Jones at FL, run a little reverse or reverse-pass action- anything to bust the tendencies and give the other team's defense something else to think about.

Sounds like Rasumessen and Alex Mayes aren't cutting it. Probably a reference to Oseland.

They are going to find many ways to get JJ the ball. He is going to live up to the hype. Bank on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STrib: Gophers QB Leidner getting tips from new assistant Adam Weber

When Jerry Kill describes Mitch Leidner’s development this spring, the Gophers coach is quick to mention the hiring of graduate assistant Adam Weber.

Weber is the school’s all-time passing leader, and now he’s working hand-in-hand with quarterbacks coach Jim Zebrowski.

“Leidner’s got to get more consistent, just like our whole football team needs to,” Kill said after Tuesday’s practice.

“I’ve said it over and over again — Adam Weber’s helped him a bunch because he’s about his age, and he played here.

“[Weber] went through four offensive coordinators [with the Gophers]. He’s been in the NFL with two or three different teams. So he’s got a great deal of knowledge, and he’s from Minnesota.

“I think with him and Jimmy working with [Leidner] — that was strictly my call, and I think that’s going to help our football team.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/297477041.html

Go Gophers!!

What is this garbage, Kill? Leidner needs to improve? He led the team to a game to play in a game for B1G title, for God's sake. You know nothing about football.

I really appreciate the coach they brought in to change Weber's throwing fundamentals. He never recovered from that. We are out of the coaching wasteland and the results are beginning to show.

What is this garbage, Kill? Leidner needs to improve? He led the team to a game to play in a game for B1G title, for God's sake. You know nothing about football.

I don't understand what you're saying.

It's 8:00 AM, have you been drinking? I'd expect a post like this on a Friday night....but whoa. Slowdown. The day is young.

I don't understand what you're saying.

It's 8:00 AM, have you been drinking? I'd expect a post like this on a Friday night....but whoa. Slowdown. The day is young.

He was being sarcastic since there are some on this board who will rip posters if they said the same thing about Leidner that Kill did.

I really appreciate the coach they brought in to change Weber's throwing fundamentals. He never recovered from that. We are out of the coaching wasteland and the results are beginning to show.

what you talkin' about Willis?

Previous schedule said practice facility at 9:50:

‪#‎Gophers‬ will practice at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 28 at TCF Bank Stadium. Practice is open to the public. Fans should enter the stadium through the Lake of the Woods entrance on the East side of the stadium near Gate C.
See you there!

Previous schedule said practice facility at 9:50:

‪#‎Gophers‬ will practice at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 28 at TCF Bank Stadium. Practice is open to the public. Fans should enter the stadium through the Lake of the Woods entrance on the East side of the stadium near Gate C.
See you there!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many still like to ignore this fact.

No doubt. People make fun of the passes he threw at the feet of receivers, but so many times those were basically thrown to covered backs out of the backfield, etc. designed just to avoid sacks as he was being ambushed.

It was so idiotic to keep reading from "experts" on this site that he was the problem with the team. He wasn't the greatest QB ever, but the dude was a legitimate good big ten QB in terms of ability, who was way down the list of issues with the team during his time here.

No doubt. People make fun of the passes he threw at the feet of receivers, but so many times those were basically thrown to covered backs out of the backfield, etc. designed just to avoid sacks as he was being ambushed.

It was so idiotic to keep reading from "experts" on this site that he was the problem with the team. He wasn't the greatest QB ever, but the dude was a legitimate good big ten QB in terms of ability, who was way down the list of issues with the team during his time here.

I still remember a play where one of the South Dakota teams rushed 3 linemen and still were able to apply immense pressure. That told me right there how good our offensive line was.

Kill is on KFAN right now. Talking about using Jeff Jones like Wiscy did with Gordon as a soph. Said Rodrick has really jumped up and can't leave Jones on the sideline.

Top Bottom