All Things 2015 Gophers Spring Practice: Tweets, Links, Analysis, Video & More

die hard gopher

Reaction score
And the first time Jeff Jones will be able to put on a gopher helmet and jersey! I have waited on this for so long!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The excitement is real!

One hander from Melvin

Go Gophers!!

Moore looks like he fits right in size-wise already.

@GophersNow: Word is that senior RB Rodrick Williams, the likely starter to open spring practice, lost 15 pounds from 245 last yr. http://t.co/rdUzTwZYZX

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hell YEAH!!!
Times are a changin...
The Gophs are taking a walk on wild side...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

After Tuesday's opening practice, Kill walked off with Jones and told him he did a good job. Jones replied, "No I didn't, Coach," Kill relayed.

"He's a perfectionist," Kill said.

Kill was enthused by the pace and precision the Gophers had in their first of 15 practices before the April 11 spring game at TCF Bank Stadium.

Running back is a position group of focus this spring as Minnesota looks to replace record-setting tailback David Cobb, who has turned his attention to the NFL draft.

Jones is one of four players looked at as possible replacements for Cobb. Offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover said it could be a committee approach, including Berkley Edwards, Rodney Smith and Rodrick Williams.

On Tuesday, Kill said he didn't see any mental errors for Jones.

"I saw some technique errors and things of that nature," Kill said.

Kill said the lack of mental errors is due to Jones' commitment in the football classroom.

"He learns quick, pays attention, listens," Kill said. "Football is important to him."

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_27637145/gophers-football-rb-jeff-jones-makes-good-first

Bummer about Edward's tweaked hammy. Kid needs football practice.

ows_1425441727848.jpg

ows_142544172048565.jpg

I know it's old and not as cool as whats out there, but when I keep hearing how we need a new practice facility and I see our guys in a heated building with a full sized turfed football field I can't help but wonder what is going to be so magical about the next facility. Will we use double turf? retractable roof? Will the 45 pound plates in the new facility weight room lift easier? If it helps bring in recruits great, but it's staggering to me that we could spend 450 million when you look at the main area (field) the new facility almost has to be nearly identical to what they are in now.

I know it's old and not as cool as whats out there, but when I keep hearing how we need a new practice facility and I see our guys in a heated building with a full sized turfed football field I can't help but wonder what is going to be so magical about the next facility. Will we use double turf? retractable roof? Will the 45 pound plates in the new facility weight room lift easier? If it helps bring in recruits great, but it's staggering to me that we could spend 450 million when you look at the main area (field) the new facility almost has to be nearly identical to what they are in now.

If the roof leaks in the new building too then you might have an argument. You obviously haven't seen how sh!tty our facilities are compared to others in the B1G or other major schools.

If the roof leaks in the new building too then you might have an argument. You obviously haven't seen how sh!tty our facilities are compared to others in the B1G or other major schools.

The roof also isn't high enough so they either can't practice punting, or if they do practice punting inside the punts hit the ceiling.

Where are you getting $450 million?

It probably won't look a lot like this since it is an old renderings but just an idea.

footballfacility1.jpg

It probably won't look a lot like this since it is an old renderings but just an idea.

footballfacility1.jpg

That one looks pretty nice...although I haven't seen what the new one is supposed to look like yet other than the sketch of the proposed facilities.

Top Bottom